Final Wine Cooler Humidor

Jason55555

Ok so after many posts in the humidor tutorial forms I'm finally done setting up the wine cooler humidor. Here are the pics along the way, Once again thanks to the members on the forms they gave me some great info on how to fix the problems that arise in setting up a wine humidor.

post-11572-0-51537800-1332964849.jpg

1. Just opening up just to make sure seal is good and its thermo electric fridge

2.Getting the smell out wiped it down with soap then put baking soda in, let it dry in the sun, then left baking soda in these bowls,......Smell this was in there advice from form taken put news paper boom plastic gone.

3.Thew exquisicat cat litter at the bottom and added a foam brick taped to top. Now started to add some boxes and Spanish ceder in to get a nice smell.

4.Took some tinkering with the KL but got good 64-65% humidity going now, also I decided to add a Xikar jar in there. All done now holding 64% just in time for the number 5 picture.

5.PSD4 shot they finally came from Cigar Czar-(pretty fast airmail Australia to Toronto)just in time to put them in the new wine humidor.

Thanks for all the members help :spotlight:

LoL yea still haven't put my non Cubans in as yet not sure if I should might just keep this wine humidor for CC only since I want to get a good age on them and store my opus x, rocky ps, gurkhas, etc in old humidor at 70%RH.

Getting another box from Cigar Czar soon, now that my PSD4 came safe and fast. :perfect10:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jason, could you PM me what the final cost (approx.) of the project was? Since we live in close proximity it would make more sense especially on where you got your materials, etc. I want to have a set up like this eventually hopefully in the future. Possibly some time during summer or so.

Sure np PM sent, but also i'll throw it out on here also....

On the fridge itself Lucked out I had a wine fridge laying around the house :buddies: believe it or not, just wasnt using it becuase I had no need for it anymore(got a profeshinal wine celler built) so saved like 100 buck there. You can get a fridge at Walmart - Salton® Countertop Wine Cellar - $98.00, Kitty Litter used at the bottom Pet Smart - ExquisiCat® Crystals Fragrance Free Cat Litter - $14.99, any Cigar store hydrometer - $25.00, any Cigar store crystal jar 70% - $5.00, Spanish Ceder cigar store - FREE (just ask for empty cigar boxes and take the wooden planks out and ask for some spare Spanish ceder sheets)

Overall you should be able to do everything under $150.00, which it reasonable since a good humidor cost around 120 bucks anyways. A lot of the other materials I already had aka hydrometer and crystals at 70% therefore only thing you need to buy really is the fridge and some beads or crystals.

Good Luck :spotlight: