wineador issue

victorgkw

Guys,

Need some help here with my wineador issue. I have a small thermo wineador, brand name is Pacifica. It holds the temperature like a charm but my humidity rises because of the water dripping from the back of my humidor. I tried placing my hearfelt beads at the back but it gets soaked up in a night and the humidity reading would be +- 90%. I used to change it everyday but got fed up of it because it takes way too much work and my cigars are tasting weird unless I drybox it for a couple of days in my desktop. Any advice?

If you can, turn it off and plug the hole, use the winador as a sealed box. The second you turn the thigns on you are going to run into a large number of issues with condensation, humidity, pooling water etc..

By turning it off, I will be able to keep the humidity in and maintain it at 69 - 70RH but the issue again will be temperature control because it will read +-80F due to the heat in my country.. room temperature is constantly about 28-32C here.

Luckily I'm in England so we don't have to worry about temp all that much. Have you a cool spot in a celler etc?

Search for threads by Pigfish and humidors and you will find a huge amount of info.

I found that the easiest way for me was to just keep the room in which the fridge is located cool via fans/open windows etc and keep the fridge turned off in that room.