R&J Churchill 2010, Mehhh? Smokin' and Drinkin' with my bud and FOH brother DjanssenTX. "High Society"

Me and my wife went of to my buddies place to hang out with him and his wife. He is an FOH brother, but we have been brothers for a while!

Backstory - when we smoke at my place, we are usually out at the lake in the middle of the country and we have coined it "Little Havana" He lives in Downtown Dallas, in a very nice High Rise Condo building looking out on Dallas, which we have coined "High Society"

So this is our High Society Review:

I had a glass of Bookers and he had some Single Malt Scotch, we both had a nice bottle of French Wine from 2009.

I smoked a R&J Churchill 2010 ( I ended up with a fantastic Monte5)

He smoked a Partagas Lusi - early 2011

I tasted his Lusi and it was spot on, but this is the review of mine.

R&J Churchill 2010

I have had this stick in my stash for a while, I've had intentions on smoking it several times, just never got around to it. Just a tease. I was very much looking forward to this cigar.

It was good, but didn't knock my socks off. The flavors were great, but unfortunately overshadowed by a rather difficult draw and a VERY large (rolling fault) tunnel, right down the middle.

The draw was frustrating, but it was so annoying, because I could tell the sweet nougat, and chocolate cherry flavor was there, I just couldn't get the best of it.

His Lusi was great, and I ended up finishing with a voluptuous Monte 5.

I think I am being generous by giving this an 88/100 because if the draw was better, the taste profile was there.

The view, drinks and company was excellent!!!!!

post-8544-0-17631500-1330321228.jpg

post-8544-0-61096600-1330321228.jpg

post-8544-0-10685800-1330321229.jpg

post-8544-0-65006100-1330321229.jpg

post-8544-0-14281400-1330321230.jpg

post-8544-0-55194400-1330321230.jpg

post-8544-0-94390000-1330321230.jpg

Sounds like a fun night. Hope you didn't fuss with the RyJ too long before you picked up the Monte 5.

I was almost surprised to only see three types of adult beverages and no sinful quantities of beef in your review. Well done, keep us guessing!

Cheers!

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=20.631773,-87.070674

If I am not mistaken that might have been the night after our good friend David cooked up a feast of surf and turf...being in the "High Society" area he had to play the part. Great to see you got the good flavors from the cigar, too bad about the draw.

If I am not mistaken that might have been the night after our good friend David cooked up a feast of surf and turf...being in the "High Society" area he had to play the part. Great to see you got the good flavors from the cigar, too bad about the draw.

This was last night, Friday was the Night of Eternal Reckoning, Saturday, all systems were down!

Outside of the cigars, I think I like the Green Bay Packers glass the best of anything in those pictures! thumbsup.gif

That BS is not my glass, that's for sure!

The R and J Churchill used to be my favorite cigar. Over the last couple years though, around when the bands changed, the quality seems to have dropped off quite a bit. I have half a box from last year and the flavor is really lacking. I bought an '11 box that is unopened still which I am hoping will restore the cigar to its former glory, but I've heard disappointment from others.

Those two sure looked fine on top of the ashtray. Sounds like a great evening..