timing?

i promise not to go off on another 'aren't all politicians scum' rant but aussies will know that one of the particiapants in the pre-school political crap that has been going on here has now resigned - one assumes for a leadership challenge, though why any of these people would ever be associated with the word 'leadership' is beyond me.

this person, for those offshore, was our foreign minister and he happened to be in washington at the time.

so he calls a press conference at 1.30am to announce this. seriously. had we just declared war, far enough, call the 1.30am press conference, but to announce you're resigning (and he did stress how it was all about doing the honorable thing)? does he really think it was that urgent?

now it just happened that by doing it at 1.30am, he is spot on for the timing of the evening news here. but that apparently is the honorable thing. what a lying hypocrite. so we have one lying hypocrite up against another lying hypocrite.

sorry, i know i said no rant but they really are all the most self-centred, egotisical, scum. the last time i shook hands with a politician (and he was not of the party that these idiots belong), i literally went straight home for a shower. i really do hate them all.

sorry, i know i said no rant but they really are all the most self-centred, egotisical, scum. the last time i shook hands with a politician (and he was not of the party that these idiots belong), i literally went straight home for a shower. i really do hate them all.

Lol Ken how about you express how you really feel :clap:

P.S i tend to agree with you

oh, and the f&cker waited till he was overseas to declare his resignation... may as well get a first class trip OS at taxpayers expense before pulling up stumps.

know how you feel Ken i once shoke hands and talked to our now Mr Speaker Peter Slipper he didnt have the time of day for anyone it was an stunt to make the public think he cared, you could see it on his face. Was funny one of my old bosses used to be involved in parliament and she purposely used to stir him and it worked, he told her you can back off now.

The problem with politicians is that regardless of political stance; albeit left- right, they are pretty much self serving, ego driven, punch line men (and women). Many of them, if given the opportunity, can star in an infomercial and sell the crap of the SHAMWOW and the goat will follow....I digress!!!