Sunday arvo...

Finally took the opportunity to meet up at fellow Canberra member Rob's place. Rob had invited me some time in the past, but being a slack arsed bastard never got round to doing anything. So after Rob suggested again, no doubt inspired by the recent activity here and abroad, I decided that it was time to pull the finger out, and I must say that it was well worth the effort.

Rob kindly supplied the cigars, a couple of aged Sir Winnie's and the venue (the back verandah at his house), and away we went.

The conversation ranged over a variety of subjects and frighteningly we had quite a bit in common, namely a love for the worlds most frustrating game..golf!!!!.

To the cigar..... just grand....sophisticated....rich.....delicious....a real class act.

Needless to say that being a pair of ocker blokes didn't bother with photos or notes, just indulged in some good old fashioned conversation. Did we set the world to rights...nope......did we have a good couple of hours chatting with a fine cigar...sure did.

Many thanks Rob for everything and look forward to sharing cigars and a round of golf in the future.

David

Rob was a wealth of infomation when I first started with my cigar collection. His experiences and advice came freely and he offered many suggestions on my new hobby.

Rob would have to be one of the guys who is the main reason I'm still in the game.

Definetly one member here I would like to catch up with one day and smoke some cigars..

Sounds like u guys had a great time , well done gents :)

Sharks

The pleasure was all mine!

Sincerely an excellent afternoon enjoying great company and conversation, smoking a good cigar and a regular afternoon storm here in the nations capital. Dave is a great bloke and I feel like we've known each other for years... I just hope I didn't get him into trouble with the missus for making him late;) I can't wait to do it again - sooner rather than later!

On that note - I encourage all members who live around here - or those passing by - to get in touch for a catch up. Whaf used to be a vibrant cigar culture has been legislated to death... and I'd love if we could do our bit to turn that around.