Moving cigars for a long ride

Hi All,

In 2 days I am moving back home since my outside assignment is finish. I am presently packing my stuff (the portion that I want to pack myself especially cigars).

I have coolers and good rubermaid boxes for my cigars boxes and cabs, all boxes and cabs are vaccum pack and I have finger bags for my singles.

When I came here last year I putted everything in rubermaid boxes and packed everything thightly. I vaccum pack all cigars boxes and everything was fine, The transit time was 2 to 3 weeks and it was very cold so everything was probably frozen all the time.

Now i might have a transit time of a little more than 3 weeks with some warehousing and here is what I am thinking.

First I called a beads seller to see if beads could freeze without breaking and they told me that the beads can be frozen if there's not more than 75% of the beads humid.

So I was thinking putting a small wet cloth on one side of the boxes or cooler and a bag of beads on the other side, the principle here is if the cigars unfreeze the cloth will do the same and feed the beads and bring the environnement at perfect Humidity. I am thinking of this since the wheater here is totally crazy this year and my cigar won't probably do the entire ride frozen as they did last year.

What do you think?

How would you do it?

Thanks!

You got some suggestions from the shoutbox. Not sure if any of them will work though...let us know what you do and good luck!

Yep thanks for the suggestions all, really appreciate it.

Got some feedback elsewhere and it seems that I am on the right path... Still open to any suggestion or experience though.

TX

• 1 month later...