Australian Open Tennis

Australian Open from Melbourne, Australia is reved up and going strong. Great matches have already been played with potentially epic matches yet to come. What are your thoughts? Concerns? Predictions?

Here is some of the lastest action to have taken place:

Women's Singles - Quarterfinals

Victoria Azarenka(BLR)[3] def. Agnieszka Radwanska(POL)[8]

6-7(0) 6-0 6-2

Kim Clijsters(BEL)[11] def. Caroline Wozniacki(DEN)[1]

6-3 7-6(4)

Men's Singles - Quarterfinals

Roger Federer(SUI)[3] def. Juan Martin Del Potro(ARG)[11]

6-4 6-3 6-2

Rafael Nadal(ESP)[2] def. Tomas Berdych(CZE)[7]

6-7(5) 7-6(6) 6-4 6-3

off to see djokovic tonight. should be fun. rather watch the cricket but this is always entertaining. last year, ended up in the front row behind the base line, next to the camera which was pretty good - not expecting that this time.

a few years ago, got the tour down into the underground stuff. through all the player areas and so on. fascinating thing to do. and if you ever get the chance to stand next to serena williams, that is one scary scary woman. she is so much bigger than she appears on tv. huge.

off to see djokovic tonight. should be fun. rather watch the cricket but this is always entertaining. last year, ended up in the front row behind the base line, next to the camera which was pretty good - not expecting that this time.

a few years ago, got the tour down into the underground stuff. through all the player areas and so on. fascinating thing to do. and if you ever get the chance to stand next to serena williams, that is one scary scary woman. she is so much bigger than she appears on tv. huge.

That should be good, Ken. Djokovic is a hell of a tennis player. I've been watching quite a few matches this year.

LMFAO I would be intimidated standing near Serena as well ahha. Djokovic match will be stellar! ROb seriously? Cut your toe nails? Ken lemme know when you decide to roll a fire cracker into one of Rob's cigars :covereyes:

Broaden your horizons Canuck, watch some uglier chicks too lol

LMFAO that gets to you after a while

Here is the latest Aussie Open action

Petra Kvitova(CZE)[2] def. Sara Errani(ITA)

Maria Sharapova(RUS)[4] def. Ekaterina Makarova(RUS)

Novak Djokovic(SRB)[1] def. David Ferrer(ESP)[5]

Men's Singles- Quarterfinals

Andy Murray(GRB)[4] def. Kei Nishikori[JPN](26)

Still to come

Men's Singles - Semifinals

Roger Federer(SUI)[3] vs. Rafael Nadal(ESP)[2]

Men's Singles- Semifinals

Novak Djokovic(SRB)[1] vs. Andy Murray(GRB)[4]

Women's Singles - Semifinals

Kim Clijsters(BEL)[11] vs. Victoria Azarenka(BLR)[3]

Women's Singles - Semifinals

Maria Sharapova(RUS)[4] vs. Petra Kvitova(CZE)[2]

It is a toss up between watching the Tennis or cutting my toe nails.

I am going to cut my Toe Nails :D

not before time! finally, you are starting to pay attention to personal hygiene. many of us have been silently praying for years.

it was a good night (and didn't get that same top seat - i was one further away so clearly on the slide. seriously, it is quite amazing to be so close to the action).

in the jacob's creek tent, we had henri leconte smoking a big cigar. could not find out what - couldn't get close enough. the bloke was draped in blondes. i'm thinking that henri has been enjoying the good life of late. did not appear to be at his fittest.

I wanna get out to the land down under to watch a match and meet up with family! Sounds great to be able to see some of the greats play and be soooo close to millions of dollars at the same time lmfao :lol:

Most likely those blondes didn't care what Henri looked like; you only live once so why not enjoy your ups and downs. You can always get back into shape with the right motivation :ok: prehaps a certain blonde <_<

Great match between Djokovik and Murray. Those boys looked exhausted by the end of that marathon! Even though I was rooting for Murray (kind of), they both put on quite a show. Looks like attendance was up there too, barely an empty seat in the place.

Great match between Djokovik and Murray. Those boys looked exhausted by the end of that marathon! Even though I was rooting for Murray (kind of), they both put on quite a show. Looks like attendance was up there too, barely an empty seat in the place.

Djkovic did the "rope-a-dope" Ali trick on murray!

i was backing djokovic (quite like murray and even though i am full of scottish heritage, too close to the poms - the ashes still burns deep) and quite like him. went to bed at 5-2 in the fifth as thought it secure. could not believe murray almost stole it. great effort both of them. be very interesting to see how he backs up for nadal.

what is killing me is that i could not get to put a bet on after the 1/4s. top four left and nadal was at 6-1. least favoured. could not believe it.