First time using my smoker

Lotusguy

Damn that looks tasty. If Lisa is looking at this thread, I'm sure it would give her cravings...

Very nice, what kind of smoker did you get?

Thanks!

I went fairly cheap with the Lowe's "Master Forge" Propane smoker. Got a seal kit on order to keep the doors from leaking heat and smoke but even without that, it worked quite well. Pays off to invest in a good remote 2-channel thermometer since the built-in one is junk, of course, and you don't want to have to run out every 30 minutes or less to check on the temperatures...

Next up: Brisket :D

• 3 weeks later...

I just purchased a Bradley smoker. Haven't had a chance to use it yet. Any chance you would be willing to send me your rub recipe? Ribs and Brisket are what I'm looking into. Can't beat a good brisket samich!:perfect10:

I just purchased a Bradley smoker. Haven't had a chance to use it yet. Any chance you would be willing to send me your rub recipe? Ribs and Brisket are what I'm looking into. Can't beat a good brisket samich!:perfect10:

I am ashamed to say that I just used a ready-made Argentinian steak rub from Cost plus World Market for the tri-tip.

I am ashamed to say that I just used a ready-made Argentinian steak rub from Cost plus World Market for the tri-tip.

That's cool. They look extremely tasty!

Those ribs look fantastic! No reason to be ashamed about using pre-mixed rubs. Sometimes you run short on time or, if you're new to smoking, you don't know what to use. This post reminds me I need to buy a new smoker!