coolidor project

IcedCanuck

YA OK Shlomo! anyways Phil, sorry for the threadjack, but yes if anyone has experience with overflooding beads does it affect the humidity output? and like you said i'm not worried, 63% it still pretty damn good...better than 70% anyways.

the first time i used hf beads i over saturated them,this cause some of the beads to shatter,but they still work even if shattered,, my 65 beads stay at 67-68 for about a month,which was to high for my liking. i put in an extra tube maybe 4-5 oz's of dry beads and in about 2-3 weeks it stabilized at 65,hasn't moved at all from 65 rh in months.

Anyone know how many 65% RH beads I'm going to need? I'm at work right now so I can't take the measurements of the cooler but it is an 80 Quart. I read somewhere that a general rule of thumb is 1/3 pound for every 50 Quarts. If that's true then I'm going to need approximately a half pound of beads ... does that sound about right? Has anyone else used an 80 Quart cooler and if so how many pound(s) of beads did you need to use?

Anyone know how many 65% RH beads I'm going to need? I'm at work right now so I can't take the measurements of the cooler but it is an 80 Quart. I read somewhere that a general rule of thumb is 1/3 pound for every 50 Quarts. If that's true then I'm going to need approximately a half pound of beads ... does that sound about right? Has anyone else used an 80 Quart cooler and if so how many pound(s) of beads did you need to use?

80 quarts is equal to 4,620 cubic inches or 75,708 cubic centimeters. According to Heartfelt and Cigarmony charts, you will need 9 ounces.

Man those look huge... How many boxes are planned for this size?

The picture may make it look bigger than what it is, the biggest one is 100qts. I'm not sure how many boxes I could cram in there, but between the two coolers it would be more than I could afford, lol.

Good plan Iced, coolers are great if you have a cool place to store them!post-7692-0-70771200-1314926518.jpgpost-7692-0-88758500-1314926577.jpg

Another nice setup :thumbsup: I noticed you have the racks setup in it. Is that just for ease of getting at the various boxes in your stash or would it be bad to stack boxes on top of each other in the cooler?

80 quarts is equal to 4,620 cubic inches or 75,708 cubic centimeters. According to Heartfelt and Cigarmony charts, you will need 9 ounces.

You calculations are correct, but 9oz. is the minimum. I would probably go with more than that. I would personally go with at least 12oz, up to 16oz. You can't ever have too many beads...and it's always better to have more than you need than less.

You calculations are correct, but 9oz. is the minimum. I would probably go with more than that. I would personally go with at least 12oz, up to 16oz. You can't ever have too many beads...and it's always better to have more than you need than less.

I ordered 16oz worth of beads so I guess I'll just toss them all in and see what happens.

Another nice setup :thumbsup: I noticed you have the racks setup in it. Is that just for ease of getting at the various boxes in your stash or would it be bad to stack boxes on top of each other in the cooler?

Hi Iced,

You could just stack the boxes if you wanted. I just like the looks of the shelves, plus they work good for getting the boxes in and out like you mentioned. Keeps things organized.

The picture may make it look bigger than what it is, the biggest one is 100qts. I'm not sure how many boxes I could cram in there, but between the two coolers it would be more than I could afford, lol.

Thats what u say now. U will fill it in no time