Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Hey everyone,

I was going through this thread and I noticed theres nothing for montreal, so I figured i'd give a couple of cigar places in the city of montreal. Personally, for the money, the best place for the best smoking experience is :

La Casa Del Habano (on sherbrooke st, corer of bishop)

Mark, the GM of the LCDH in montreal, runs a very tight ship. when you walk in, it immidiatly smells of habanos. there are two walk-in's, the first one next to the cash is for the machine made stuff, so the lower, cheaper end of habanos. If you go straight, you'll find the second walk-in, where the good stuff is. The walk-in humidor is well stocked with all the major habanos brands (minus punch). Prices are from 10$ for the lower end stuff like RyJ MF's, to 100$+ for bhk's. On a average, if you want a pc-robusto-figurado you'll pay between 15$ to 40$. They also carry Canadian RE's, and RE's from other country's also. Once you've picked out your smoke, its time to go to the back and enjoy their gorgeous smoking lounge. Drinks are very well priced, no over-charging here. They make a great cuban coffee, and one of the best mojitos in montreal. They also have a exellent selection of scotch, and all the havana club's, including the barrel proof.

If you want somewhere where you can bring your own :

Stogies (corner of cresent and maisoneuve, 2nd floor)

Stogies is a place that has a terrace in the summer, and a smoking lounge inside, which is convinent winter time. You can bring your own cigars and there is no cut fee. Drinks are not exactly cheap here, a beer will run you about 8$. But there scotch list is extremely impressive and expensive. The lounge has nice comfortable sofa's, a couple of tv's. There is also a mini humidor if you dont have a cigar but wish to buy one. the prices are a bit more expensive that at a B&M on st-catherines or the LCDH, but I guess thats what you pay for convience. Their humidor has cc's and nc's ( mostly cao though)

If any other montrealers on this board have a good smoking spot, please feel free to add.

Riaz

• 1 year later...

Little Bump :

Rib and Reef

Recently discovered this place. Its off the island of montreal, maybe a 15 min cab ride there. Its ont he second floor of the steak house. The smoking area is small, can seat maybe 20 people, but its fantastic. Plush leather couches that are very comfortable. You can bring your own cigar, Huge selection of scotches, very good wine list, and good selection of beers as well (only down side is they have nothing on tap). Ventilation is exellent, the music is just ambiant, you can really carry a good conversation there.

You don't need to eat at the steak house to access the lounge, however you can always order up food from the restaurant and eat in the cigar lounge if you are hungry. Truly a great place to relax, alone or with friends, enjoy a cigar or two with some fine drinks.