Trying a Bunch of Singles. Taking Recommendations.

genegotti

I'm brand new to cigars (about two months) and so far have only smoked NC's. I do have a few CC's chilling in my humidor, however I'm trying to develop my palate a little before I reach for the good stuff.

Been doing some browsing and a little research in this section of the forum on some of the smaller vitolas... The thinking is that this way I can try a few of each, get a sense of what the different marcas are like and which ones are more suited to my tastes, without breaking the bank. I'll be making a purchase of about 20 to 25 singles in the next few days to a week, Please point me towards some of your favorites or just throw some advice my way as far as which of the little guys represent their brand the best. Any help in this regard would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Happy 4th to all my American brothers and sisters.

Update:

Here's my list so far. I know some cigars on it don't fall into the C&C category, it just means they're something I really wanted to try. Also keep in mind that part of the reason these cigars are on the list is that Czar sells them as singles. So here it is, feel free to pick it or even tear it apart. Don't worry I won't take it personal. Any kind of input is welcome.

1 - MONTECRISTO ESPECIAL

1 - H. UPMANN SIR WINSTON

1 - COHIBA ROBUSTOS

1 - MONTECRISTO EDMUNDOS TUBOS

1 - PUNCH PUNCH

1 - H. UPMANN MAGNUM 46

1 - BOLIVAR ROYAL CORONAS

1 - RAMON ALLONES SMALL CLUB CORONAS

1 - FONSECA COSACOS

1 - PUNCH PETIT CORONAS DEL PUNCH

1 - SAN CRISTOBAL EL PRINCIPE

1 - ROMEO Y JULIETA ROMEO NO.3 TUBOS

1 - POR LARRANAGA PETIT CORONAS

1 - BOLIVAR BOLIVAR NO. 2 TUBOS

1 - TRINIDAD REYES

2 - HOYO DE MONTERREY LE HOYO DU PRINCE

2 - H. UPMANN CORONAS JUNIOR TUBOS

2 - PARTAGAS SHORTS

2 - VEGAS ROBAINA FAMOSOS

SmokinGene...my recommendation would be to check with Rob (El Presidente) in terms of what is smoking best now. He can definitely guide you. Check out his Warehouse Review thread for a few ideas...

Warehouse Review Link...

Good luck.

Thanks for that link... It was very helpful and it made me submit a list of singles to Lisa before I made a purchase... Figured since I'm only getting a few of each at the most, that even if a particular cigar is on the crap list (VR Famosos for example), there still maybe some left over stock which is atleast decent.

I would cut your list by a third and get at least two or three of each.

You might like to try some different vitolas, but I'd recommend picking one and exploring it (Petit Coronas are a great place to start, IMHO, or maybe corona gordas).

Otherwise, go for it and enjoy!