Bolivar Gold Medal

hardrock86

So I just got back from Sweden, and passed by a cigar shop that I havent heard of. They had singles of all their cigars, so I picked up a Bolivar Gold Medal since I have been wanting to try one for a while.

Anyway, just wondering if it looks real, since it wasnt from a Habanos S.A. authorized dealer (I dont think). It smoked perfectly even and tasted great, so Im hoping everything else matches up.

I was confused about the band because I didnt think Bolivar bands had the word cuba on them (until I got my package from czar and the bolivar had both types of labels).

post-9152-1307056671.jpg

post-9152-1307056677.jpg

post-9152-1307056683.jpg

Well I can not recall seeing cuba on the bands either. I checked with a box of Boli Gold medals that I got from czar and none of them have Cuba on them. I also checked Trevors website and I do not see any alternative labeling.

One thing that I did notice in your picture is that the gold foil looks more textured than smooth. The gold foil wrap should be a smooth shiney gold foil.

Well I can not recall seeing cuba on the bands either. I checked with a box of Boli Gold medals that I got from czar and none of them have Cuba on them. I also checked Trevors website and I do not see any alternative labeling.

One thing that I did notice in your picture is that the gold foild looks more textured than smooth. The golf foil wrap should be a smooth shiney gold foil.

I'm with Tom. I have smoked a ton of these but none since '09......none of them looked like this foil.

i have never had one but i was going to buy one today from LCDH and it had smooth foil :s

what do you guys think of this cigar is it worth picking up a stick to try?

Love the size and love bolivars but i stopped buying because of draw problems. Definitely try one. Just make sure you choose wisely.

Your cigar is genuine. The foil changed somewhere between 08-09 and the band also.

Here you see a photo of Gold Medals, RBS MAY08 on the left and STA AGO09 on the right. I've bought both cigars from different LCDHs in EU.

(Never had any draw problems with BGMs...)

post-7691-1307280462.jpg

Your cigar is genuine. The foil changed somewhere between 08-09 and the band also.

Here you see a photo of Gold Medals, RBS MAY08 on the left and STA AGO09 on the right. I've bought both cigars from different LCDHs in EU.

(Never had any draw problems with BGMs...)

post-7691-1307280462.jpg

x2

HSA changed the foil and the bands a few years ago. You cigars look fine. Put them away for a few years and enjoy! :clap: