Wine cooler excessively cooling

CaptainQuintero

Hey, so my new unit is cooling far too much. The room temp is about 23 c and I have the cabinet set to 18 c. The thin as soon as I turn it on starts chunging away until the unit gets to about 4 c and is covered in frost. Now I have read in the very limited trouble shooting online that winecoolers, if the temp is set too high, will cool excessively. I didn;t think 18 would be excessively too high... what sort of temp is acceptable and would not cause this igloo effect?

Don't know what type you have, thermoelectric or compressor.

Mine is a thermoelectric and is set at 18 and holds steady.

Sounds like your control unit is defective.

If it's new I would contact the supplier/manufacturer and inquire about a replacement.

Murri

I was looking at customer reviews of new air 28 wine cooler and a person had the same problem they told him to unplug it for a couple of hours and it will reset maybe. I hope.this helps. Curtis

I have 21 days with about two weeks left to run. Going to take it back tomorrow and try a different one from a different palce. I know things break every so often but you would think things wouldn't ship broken lol.

I wouldn't advise anyone to buy Royal Sovereign make...anything

Let me know how yours is when it arrives, looking for some positive stories here lol

1 day of service I am sure you are going to leave a great review. miine is from air and water it will be here Thursday the review were 4.5 stars. There were several people using the wine. Cooler for a cigar humidor but I understand that that you live in the UK. I hope you get yours up and running soon I gonna need a lot of help. Curtis

1 day of service I am sure you are going to leave a great review. miine is from air and water it will be here Thursday the review were 4.5 stars. There were several people using the wine. Cooler for a cigar humidor but I understand that that you live in the UK. I hope you get yours up and running soon I gonna need a lot of help. Curtis

I think I have found a replacement and going to go take a look at it tomorrow, can't find any information on whether it is thermoelectic or not so going to have to do some poking and prodding at the store, every person in the stores that I have been to haven't had a clue what thermoelectric even is...

I think I am going to build a wooden cabinet to place the fridge in also, just to give a little extra boost of cooling. I even cleared a space ready and.....used a vacume cleaner :clap:

Well...now you know where Cuban Quality Control Experts from the cigar factories are now employed after leaving Cuba.

Update, managed to get a Samsung fridge with about 45% knock off the price because it has a few little scratches around the door :snooty: Build construction is just a whole other level up, it's like a Guantanamera Vs Behike !

The thing has a two inch thick double glazed door, 8cm top and the sides 4cm, it weighs twice as much as the piece of **** I sent back today but it has the same holding capacity and roughtly the same size. Really is an example of you get what you pay for (unless you get a big discount and make the salesman cry!)

First store I went to today aswell, I had a solid 4/5 hours of shopping/moving between stores planned out too! Spent the rest of the day with a Monte#2 watching cricket in the sun instead :yes: