H. Upmann Coronas Junior

Lotusguy

A forum search yielded almost nothing on these sticks.

Any comments positive or negative?

I just ordered a box since they are so cheap and I am a sucker for tubos - will report back after I had a chance to taste them.

The Coronas Majors have quite a following on this board and the ones I've tried were pretty good. But have never smoked any of the Upmann CJ's.

When you get the chance to smoke one. Please give us a review.

Received my box today. They are quite dark and look well constructed. I will give them a little rest and report back once I try one.

They are great cigars. I took all of mine out of the tubes for a few weeks to let them dry out. I have found you can get mold on them if they are too moist. I also dry box for a few days when I go to smoke one. Great upmann flavors.

Hope you enjoy them. Let us know after you smoke one.

Thank you

Kwg116

OK, I couldn't wait any longer and fired one up after lunch today. July 2009 box code.

Construction was perfect - just the right amount of resistance on the draw. Very good burn with no touchups required through its 40 minutes.

It was light to medium body with straightforward toasted tobacco and cedar taste. Some sweet floral notes in the second half.

Not a tremendous amount of complexity but a great C&C smoke that I will add to my regular rotation.

I give it a 88.

• 4 months later...

OK, I couldn't wait any longer and fired one up after lunch today. July 2009 box code.

Construction was perfect - just the right amount of resistance on the draw. Very good burn with no touchups required through its 40 minutes.

It was light to medium body with straightforward toasted tobacco and cedar taste. Some sweet floral notes in the second half.

Not a tremendous amount of complexity but a great C&C smoke that I will add to my regular rotation.

I give it a 88.

Dear Lotusguy,

I have always enjoyed these, and they age beautifully -

after a concert in England my host invited me to have an H:Upmann CJ from his granddad's cigar box.

It was about 25 Jears old and an amazing smoke.

If you like them too but look for something similar plus a little "edge",

I'd recommend Upmann Epicures - not internationally available, but in Spain every shop carries them.

Regards, Alex

Dear Lotusguy,

I have always enjoyed these, and they age beautifully -

after a concert in England my host invited me to have an H:Upmann CJ from his granddad's cigar box.

It was about 25 Jears old and an amazing smoke.

If you like them too but look for something similar plus a little "edge",

I'd recommend Upmann Epicures - not internationally available, but in Spain every shop carries them.

Regards, Alex

Mhmm - I will need to try to track down a few. Hope the LCDH Stuttgart carries them...

Mhmm - I will need to try to track down a few. Hope the LCDH Stuttgart carries them...

If you refer to the CJ, all LCDH shops in alemania do.

In AT current, the non-tubed ones have been discontinued already, but still some boxes around (for now).

Epicures seem hard to find outside Spain.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

If you refer to the CJ, all LCDH shops in alemania do.

In AT current, the non-tubed ones have been discontinued already, but still some boxes around (for now).

Epicures seem hard to find outside Spain.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Sorry - I wasn't clear enough with my quote - I meant the Epicures. I still have some CJr at home :)

I've had 3 or 4 of these and have enjoyed them most of the time (I've never purchased a box, only singles at different times). Two of them I had I put in the humidor for 2-3 months and they where pretty nice. I had one just from the shop and was great however had another straight from the shop that wasn't very enjoyable. These are definitely worth a try but they are not a constantly great cigar but when at their best they're hard to beat for a small smoke. :)