Newbie Sampler

ozzycriss

Hi all

I,m new to cigars and was interested in a sampler for around $150 Au from cigar czar.

I don't have a humidor so was thinking the sampler should be comprised of aluminum tubed smokes that are smoking well now, and won't require further aging to enjoy. Also how would i store tubed type cigars and do they still age in the tubes ( ill only be smoking 1 or 2 per week )

Or should i make a cheap humidor ? and go with a different sampler .

Any and all input would be great

Cheers to all

Chris

Melbourne

Welcome to FoH. Enjoy the forum. I would get a inexpesnive humidor or a large tupperware container. The tubes are not sufficient when it comes to mainting a stable Rh level for the cigars they hold.

Hey there.

As thechenman says, get yourself a small humidor or airtight tupperware box to store the cigars in. Tubos aren't meant to be stored outside of a humidor for a long term. At best, they'll keep your cigars "fresh" for a day or two. After that, they'll lose moisture and start to dry out. Look in the humidor sub group for some suggestions on "non-classical" humidors such as tupperware, coolers, etc. There are economical ways to care for your cigars. Think of cigars as an "investment" in that you shouldn't risk losing what you paid for the cigars because you didn't store them properly.