Monte and HDM Fake?

Amc82

I have heard from others that these are real but when I smoked one of each after letting them sit for a month+ they had none of the Cuban flavors that I was excepting. They are both from 09 so they have a little age on them. I am planing in letting the other 2 sit for at leaste 3+ years. The only 2 things that I can think of is they are fake or I got duds on both. It also could be that they were out of a humi for about 2 weeks while I seasoned the new one, but I did have them in a sealed tupperware with some beads.

http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx206/a...pg&newest=1

So what do you all think they real?

They both look good. I have a box of 09 monte2's (MOA Nov 09) and noticed it had a completely different taste then the one I was used to. They taste identical to a PSD2. I'm assuming they were made in the same factory, and they just put labels on whatever.

got this from a site, which pretty much confirms my suspicions...

Given the much improved quality control from 2005/6 on, the difference in factory output is reduced, making it less important to "chase factories". In addition, the rationalisation, improvement, and replacement of factories means that most brands are now being made in a single factory.

I think the best looking ones go in a Monte box, then in a partagas, or diplomatico box, and so on down the line, depending on what they feel is the hierarchy of prestige.

From my experience, Monte 2's are really hit and miss. The Hoyo's on the other hand will usually treat me good 99% of the time. Having said that, those cigars are pretty young still. Put them away for another year and revisit. Good luck. :)

got this from a site, which pretty much confirms my suspicions...

I think the best looking ones go in a Monte box, then in a partagas, or diplomatico box, and so on down the line, depending on what they feel is the hierarchy of prestige.

You are interpreting that quote. It should say

"........means that each individual brand is generally being made in a single factory rather than many factories".

although this depends on demand...as shown by the Cohiba Behike being outsourced.

I'll fix that :)

You are interpreting that quote. It should say

Geez, I'd say so too!

" I think the best looking ones go in a Monte box, then in a partagas, or diplomatico box, and so on down the line, depending on what they feel is the hierarchy of prestige."

Well there's a few questions in that statement and a long thread that I hope one would never have to start!

I have heard from others that these are real but when I smoked one of each after letting them sit for a month+ they had none of the Cuban flavors that I was excepting. They are both from 09 so they have a little age on them. I am planing in letting the other 2 sit for at leaste 3+ years. The only 2 things that I can think of is they are fake or I got duds on both. It also could be that they were out of a humi for about 2 weeks while I seasoned the new one, but I did have them in a sealed tupperware with some beads.

http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx206/a...pg&newest=1

So what do you all think they real?

Listen my man...buy your smokes from a reliable source and you can smoke & enjoy with never having to wonder...peace of mind = relaxing smoking experience!