habanos.com to verify barcodes problems?

lebz

Hi all

I thought for fun I would verify a box I bought but when I enter in all the required info on the Habanos site I get a generic error message stating request cannot be completed at this time

Anyone have this issue before? "Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request. "

post-8719-1301533183.jpg

post-8719-1301533342.jpg

Yeah, that's a pretty typical situation. If you do a search for past threads on the subject, you'll find all sorts of issues/comments.

Some of us have put in the same codes on different days, and got different answers each time - legit, fakes, unknown/come back later.

Don't worry too much about it. Like many things being Cuba, sometimes it's just not up to snuff. But, your box looks to be up to par, just based on what can be gleaned from the outside views. If you got it from a trusted source (labelling looks to be directly from Cuba), then don't worry about it. If they smoke according to what you're used to, you're good to go likely. Let your palate be the judge.

stuff the barcodes.

good way for the control freaks in this world to feel secure and still get cheated.

as long as my habanos still have fine cuban dirt particles between the leaves, sweat still rolling off them from the thighs of virgins, and are each slightly different from the other i'll be happy.

for everything else there's mastercard, starbucks and macdonalds ;)

I entered your barcode and the result is:

The product is original from Habanos S.A.

HSA: 10.7050.17.0190

Descripcion: MONTECRISTO MONTECRISTO No.4 CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

I had a box that I had bought from the czar and it stated via verification website that it was something else. I had purchased a box of CoRo's and it stated that it was Montecristo ?. I forgot. Just shows that Verification is flawed and that taste is the only true indicator. By the way, they are a great box of cohiba robustos.

I haven't been able to use it for a couple of days now. Seems after the implementation of the added step to put in whatever letters are in the box, it stopped working.

I have ordered boxes from all over, some labeled with other brands, some with serial numbers and barcodes cut off. I am convinced that there are more label errors then one believes there could possibly be... Besides, if you were an authorized dealer would you be willing to give up your distributor?

I say smoke them if they taste good. ANd like I was told, forget what everyone else thinks and enjoy them...

Heres what I am enjoying... My hygrometer is +2 degrees F and +1%.... Perfect 70% and 70F.

post-8572-1301971579.jpg

post-8572-1301971400.jpg

I have ordered boxes from all over, some labeled with other brands, some with serial numbers and barcodes cut off. I am convinced that there are more label errors then one believes there could possibly be... Besides, if you were an authorized dealer would you be willing to give up your distributor?

I say smoke them if they taste good. ANd like I was told, forget what everyone else thinks and enjoy them...

Heres what I am enjoying... My hygrometer is +2 degrees F and +1%.... Perfect 70% and 70F.

post-8572-1301971579.jpg

post-8572-1301971400.jpg

Tasty!!!!!

:D

• 2 months later...

The Habanos website is not functioning properly. If you try to navigate trough some of the links, you wont get a response, as it would stay on the home screen.

Their cigars function well though... :unsure:

Honestly, I wouldn't even think of checking the barcode on a box from the Czar. Its just something I trust and have total faith in... :clap: