Slow access and time outs.

For a little over a week or so, I get real slow access to the site or it just hangs. I made my last post today around 3:30PM EST. I went back a few minutes to see what new posts came in and the site crawled. It presented the layout of the forum but the content never was presented.

I dont know if this has to do with your forum updates or with possible service issues with Australia's internet access. I'm sure the floods must have had some affect on infrastructure there. Just wanted to let you know. It could be just me at my end but I've tried from home and work. Same thing.

Hi guys, we're aware of the timeout issues and are attempting to get our data centre to resolve the issue.

What's happening is the DNS isn't resolving the web address correctly, so some site requests are bouncing all over the place.

Here's a graphic illustration of the problem -

jb4nqd.png

We're planing to upgrade the hosting to a Cloud Server infrastructure this week to insulate ourselves from issues like this with 100% uptime guarantees and built-in redundancy...basically the sites should never go down and the pings should never timeout.

It's a very big deal to us and we're working hard on a solution.

As always you guys are on top of the situation. I had similar problems Sunday night (eatern standard time) thinking that a 'live from the humidor' topic would be up. But could not get acess to the forum. As an aside, (I am a relative noobie) when is the next LFTH event?

As always you guys are on top of the situation. I had similar problems Sunday night (eatern standard time) thinking that a 'live from the humidor' topic would be up. But could not get acess to the forum. As an aside, (I am a relative noobie) when is the next LFTH event?

wWe are just getting back on our feet this week after the floods so I suspect we may have a small one this week but will be back on track next.

Well done Jason by the way.

Hope my comment was not meant as a slight in any way. I am actually still in awe of how the Czar has been able to deal with such a huge event as the floods (which, from what I hear, are now a prblem around the Victora area) while at the same time catering to those of us who are quite removed from it.

Great graph by way!