christmas 2010 cigar review-San Christobal de la Habanna-La Punta.

Hi All,

I've been working my way through these for a couple of months.

They are definitely my cigar of the year,in terms of consistency of manufacture,flavour and overall quality.

03012011053.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The wrapper as a delicate oily sweetness to taste,with a great smooth appearance to its medium shade wrapper(with all in the box the same shade).

The aroma is similar,a sweet tabacco,with a little fruitiness.

The opening section is a sweet yet delicate flavour,with a little fruit and mild spice.

Starting as a mild smoke,with a perfect,and I mean perfect, draw.Plenty of smoke,but no wind tunnel

30122010047.jpg

As the cigar progresses it maintains the same draw characteristics,which to me would indicate a good quality leaf,and and an accomplished torcedor.

The flavour develops further,giving the same fruit taste,but with a little more spice,and the tobacco taste and strength increases.

The cigar still maintains that oily sweetness,the taste of the wrapper on my lip is still a tantalising sweetness.

30122010051.jpg

As we come to the final third,the flavours continue to develop in strength,along the same lines,with just a touch of liquorice appearing towards the end which is very pleasing.This accompanies a definite rise in the nicotine levels.

03012011054.jpg

Overall,this is my cigar of the year.(Bolivar Legandarios coming close).

I think this is both due to the excellent construction and consistency throughout the box,and the fact that it suits my palette to a T.

The cigar is never over bearing,but has good flavours,and develops in strength through the smoke.

It demands respect,as if hurried it would provide too much nicotine at the end,therefore an easy pace is recommended.

Bruichladdich was great tipple to accompany this fine smoke.

Cheers,and a happy new year,Kevin.

03012011055.jpg

Nice review mate. I believe the La Punta is a highly underrated cigar. I have yet to dig into my stash of '08 as I am still working on '02's. A buddy told me that the '10's are stellar as well. I might have to pull one of these out tomorrow. I am still behind on a first smoke of the year as it has been damn cold and windy around Isla Pigfish and I have not been in the mood to smoke.

Nice review mate. I believe the La Punta is a highly underrated cigar. I have yet to dig into my stash of '08 as I am still working on '02's. A buddy told me that the '10's are stellar as well. I might have to pull one of these out tomorrow. I am still behind on a first smoke of the year as it has been damn cold and windy around Isla Pigfish and I have not been in the mood to smoke.

I took three of these Up North for christmas,and three Cohiba Robusto.

The Cohiba were really dull cigars.

These became the "relaxing special occaision" cigar.

Previous to this box, I have had a few singles of this cigar,and all have been like this.Great consistency.

so I would definitely agree,underrated.