Cigar boxes more than just kindling!

I have not had my first cigar for 2011, but that does not mean that I do without the influence. NYD, Lady Piggy and I spent the day playing Risk with our oldest grandkid. No one else in the family will deal with him and his damn combat board games.

With kids being a bit "spastic," bouncing dice off everything including the walls and our appliances, as supreme dictator of La Casa PigFish a decree of the use of a "dice" box was in order. I think the kids get more fun out of shaking the **** out of 3 dice in the wooden box than the game itself. It seems that we all have our own strategies and superstitions about how we shake the box. It would also appear to outsiders that the more noise you make with the dice box, the better the roll. With that said we have adopted the practice of shaking the box and slamming it down on the table to indicate that one is done with his/her role. It looks like we have adopted some ancient custom of rolling bonz, expecting the 'Godz' to grant us red swords in battle for battering the ivory-like cubes.

post-79-1294007583.jpg

This H Upmann box has seen its share of continental invasions, lost armies and even a few tears!!! -LOL

post-79-1294007623.jpg

Cheers mates. -Piggy

Great stuff :rotfl:

My daughter Rebecca and youngest son Tom are huge fans of board games. I have played plenty of them over the Cristmas Holiday period as the rain came down. My wife is the scrabble deamon, Tom the champion of Battleship and Becky can't be beat on most of the rest.

I call for Texas Holdem when I am feeling like an easy beat. The kids all get payed for the mowing and general work around the property. 50 cent small blinds $1 bigs, $3 maximum bet. They owe me about 100 mows of the grass :angry:

Great stuff :rotfl:

My daughter Rebecca and youngest son Tom are huge fans of board games. I have played plenty of them over the Cristmas Holiday period as the rain came down. My wife is the scrabble deamon, Tom the champion of Battleship and Becky can't be beat on most of the rest.

I call for Texas Holdem when I am feeling like an easy beat. The kids all get payed for the mowing and general work around the property. 50 cent small blinds $1 bigs, $3 maximum bet. They owe me about 100 mows of the grass :angry:

Rob... I have always wanted to ask you. Did you name your kids outta' Huck Finn? :angry:

Great stuff :cofcig:

I call for Texas Holdem when I am feeling like an easy beat. The kids all get payed for the mowing and general work around the property. 50 cent small blinds $1 bigs, $3 maximum bet. They owe me about 100 mows of the grass :unsure:

LOL. Now, Rob, does that not constitute some sort of breach of child labor laws? Or do you not have those down under?