Quasi review VR Unico's 04

Don't have the box code anymore just the date written on the band and figured today would be as good as any to smoke this. sadly it's my last of the box. The others I remember even a few years ago had an amazing buttery finish, it really coated your mouth. This cigar should be an example in all the factories of fine construction, ya know when they get it right. Perfect weight in the hand, great bunch at the foot, perfect draw and a sliky smooth colorado wrapper. After the first third it's all cinnamon, vanilla bean, light chocolate and rich aged tobacco. Not much spice through the nose but it comes in every coulpe draws I'll get a little spice, just gorgeous. The buttery finish I talked of earlier is all there.........and I also just noticed it's a real clean finish.

2nd third- the spice through the nose has picked up as well as the body, it's more med-full now but I'm still getting prominent vanilla bean. The buttery finish is still there and a real clean finish. I just think of the great great tobacco that's in this cigar, so good.

Last 3rd- Just a phenomenal smoke. Leaning towards full with vanilla bean a touch of cinnamon and rich, rich, aged tobacco. More spice through the nose. The buttery finish has yielded to more black pepper but still real real clean, but it's a loooong finish.

Final thoughts- Well the smoke is still going but I don't expect it to change to much. I'd give it a solid 95, one of the best cigars I've had in a long time from start to finish. Maybe it's age but the flavors were interlaced throughout the entire smoke, maybe one third more vanilla the next third more cinnamon and spice and then back to vanilla and cinnamon with spice. It was an awesome journey, just reminds me why Cuba creates the greatest cigars on the planet.

Thanks for the "quasi" review. I think yours is competing with a simultaneous Unicos review. Regardless, your review makes me want to break open my box of 08 Clasicos...which I've been dying to do. But you know how it is..once it's been opened, they seem to dissappear all too fast! Happy New Year.

Yeah I saw there was another Unicos review but I didn't want to threadjack and my cigar was from 04 so I figured I'd post a small informal review to coincide with the other review.