Bolivar Gold Medal - odd marks on foil

Happy New Year to all at Czar and FoH !! :D:party: Here's to a great 2011 for all.

As I had planned, I lit up one of my Boli GMs last night for a little NYE celebration. This came from a 10 count dress box POS Feb07 which I have had resting for more than a year. Out of its foil cover the cigar looked great - beautiful sheen on the wrapper, silky feel, great.

Then I noticed these strange marks on the foil near the end which to me look like a critter has eaten the paper on the inside and left the thin foil intact. No sign of any bug or beetle in the foil, cigar or box. One other cigar in the box has these marks too and the cigar also looks fine. :2thumbs: Checked the other boxes in that section of my humi and they are all fine.

I am not really concerned as the cigar smoked fine - if anything smoother and more refined but with less power than I expected from a BGM.

Any one else seen this? I guess I can live with a critter that prefers paper to tobacco :party:

post-4065-1293847203.jpg

*Thank God it was just on the foil! That stuff looks 'orful :2thumbs:

*Thank God it was just on the foil! That stuff looks 'orful :rotfl:

Too right cig !! It had me wondering thats for sure. Thanks Rob, I think that would be right. I can live with critters not eating tobacco. I wonder if they are Cuban or Australian ones? Anyway case is closed on this one.