Cigars and sex!

On a lighter note I was struck by what appears to be the essentially male makeup of the FOH forum. As of today, there are a total of 16 female members of FOH (yes, I did count you in Lisa!) on a grand total of 5,047! What's up with that?

- Is cigar smoking still essentially a "male" compensation activity? :daydream:

- Are some of you female members signing up as males because of embarassement? :wink2:

- Are you put off by all the "macho" posturing and contents? :bsmeter:

- Are we not snags? (Sensitive New Age Guys)? :flower:

- Is this another boys and their toys thing? :loser:

- Is Rob keeping all the female membership list to himself? :mob:

I would love to have the "other" point of view on the wonderful world of cigar smoking. Or maybe you don't see it as so wonderful after all. Volunters any one? Any one... :looking:

I have some thoughts:

A: Men are awesome. That's why. :daydream:

B: Women generally don't enjoy anything that has or makes an unpleasant smell. Examples: Cigars, pipes, farts, men. Four generally awesome things IMHO.

C: I consider cigars to be more bitter than sweet, more savory. Women are more inclined to enjoy sweet things than savory. Proven study. Cake=Good. Cigars=BOO!

Always exceptions to the rule....hence the 15 lady members here on FOH. Cheers to the LOTL!!!! I love the ladies and respect their tastes, but I just think we are very different in our interests in the end!!

Some of my favourite cigar smoking people are women!

They are indeed a unique lot, invariably warm, witty, internally tough and for the most part leaders in their chosen field.

They generally stay away from interacting on Forums as cigar forums are male dominated. Still they read forums regularly.

It is a lot easier in this world to be a Cigar loving bloke than a cigar loving woman particularly in your 30's and 40's when women try to balance work and family. Pulling out a D4 at the local playground is not quite socially acceptable :daydream:

Pulling out a D4 at the local playground is not quite socially acceptable :2thumbs:

Depends on the town you're in, and depends on how many creepy old bastards are around with a camera to take a picture and then later imagine the Bill Clinton reference.

Geeesh, ever notice how women are always depicted in cigar ads?!?!!?

Hey, I love cigars, and I love women. (And don't get me wrong, I'm anything but a prude - I do actually love boobies and fellatio, and advertising that uses either of these do definitely grab my attention.) But, unfortunately, I think that us men's own fantasies and the cigar industry's own advertising sometimes scares women away.

Hello Fellow FOHers,

Interesting topic. When I was around 16 years old and an exchange student to Sweden, I would take the ferry between Malmo (Sweden) and Copenhagen (Danemark). There were these retired Danish women who would ride the ferry back and forth all day and play card games and smoke cigars! Everything was duty free on the ferry so the cigars were cheap and so was the liquor. This made quite an impression on a naive lad from the midwest.

Thanks,

Curtiss

Some of my favourite cigar smoking people are women!

I just knew it mate! All right where is the "secret list"?

Seriously though, I get it. Roughly half of you out there are women hiding behind a male handle; I'm cool with that. Your secret is safe with me... :D

Another factor (just an observation):

Women are generally less likely to 'try' things than men (naturally not risk takers etc).

I've successfully got one female friend into cigars, and she smokes very rarely.