Ramon Allones

Howdy all. I've never tried a Ramon Allones cigar and I'm wondering what you would advise to try first. I'd like to buy a box of a definite from the brand and I'm open to opinions. I've had a box of Estupendos on my psp wish list for a while due to the review video but those seem a bit tough to come by. Thanks for the help in advance!

Brad

Well, considering there are only 3 cigars in the regular lineup I'd say it depends on how much smoking time you have- TPC, Robusto or a DC. If you're into regionals, the German RA Belicosos are fantastic.

Bassman's right about the Belicosos. But if you just want to get your feet wet, you won't have to spend much to get a box of the RASCC's. These are tasty little treats, don't need much age, and display the classic RA flavor profile well.

If money isn't an object, get a box of the '07 Estupendos. Fabulous smoke.

I think that the RA marca is inexpensive enough where you could just go straight to the RASS. It is the staple of the marca, and while it isn't my favorite Robusto...it is a damn fine cigar. If you want to go cheaper, the RASCC is a fine cigar too, but while it resembles the RASS, it isn't the same.

Like most others, I REALLY wish that this line would be expanded. Because of the limited number of vitolas, I typically don't buy very many RA. I enjoy the RASS but am not crazy about it largely b/c i'm not a big robusto fan. I love PC's but am not crazy about Minutos so I don't often reach for the RASCC. I do love DC's though and if I have to pick one RA, its the Gigantes.

In regards to the RASS, would you guys say it's a medium bodied smoke or more on the full side?

Definitely Medium-Full...

Ahh Ramon Allones, forgive me I've been travelling for 3 months and haven't had a cigar. I know, I know, I should have planned this better. Im an idiot and completely jonesing for an 02 RA 898. From my experience with the 06,07 and early 08 stock the RASCC have been a bit more consistent than the RASS and offer a little bit more intensity of flavor. I do have several amazing cabs of RASS though that are just flavor bombs and built for the long haul though. I adore the whole line and as much as I love the Estupendos I would advise getting a cab of RASS and a box of RASCC. Then if you really love them and if you have enough funds go for the Estupendos.