Humidifier

ZAZ

Hello all....

I'm thinking about upgrading my current humidifier (Moist-N-Aire) one for this one: HYDRA LG. The reason is, I've been having trouble ever since inheriting it to get it to actually kick on at the desired humidity that I set it at. I normally have to manually kick it on and it's just become a real pain.

Does anyone have any personal experience with the HYDRA LG? Pros/cons? It looks like it'll be a huge step up from my current setup.

Thanks in advance. :lol:

I use the smaller version of the hydra in my 28 bottles wine cooler.

It works perfect,keeps a steady RH at 67%-68%.

The only downside is that at the summer it used to work all the time so it used to beep every few hours in order to let me know that I need to refill it with some water.

It was annoying as hell.

Other than that it does the job pretty good.

I agree Robert...the Oasis just caused my humidor problems. For the price I go beads too! They work well and are low maintenance. I think this may have been talked about in another thread earlier. Good luck to you!

I actually just ordered 2 pounds of the Heartfelt beads. They should be here this coming Monday.

I was going to try the beads along with my on again/off again humidifier first to see if I can maintain good humidity. I think the beads will definitely help, so I will try that and see how it goes.

Thanks for the comments/suggestions everyone.

The beads are extremely accurate. Make sure your active humidification does not exceed the beads, otherwise the beads will soak up excess humidity from your active and your beads will get water logged. If you ordered 65% beads, I would set your active humidification at or below the 65 mark, 63-65% would be a good variance.