H. Upmann Regalias vs. Por Larranaga Petit Coronas

I have some of both of them in my humi and enjoy them. PLPC's are very popular and the Upmann Regalias are very underated IMO.

Like you I actaully enjoy the Regalias a little more, but that may change as the last few PLPC's from my 07 cab are tasting pretty good now.

Regalias can be frustrating in my opinion and it due to construction. You can go through boxes of tight draws. If they are right they are excellent but they have to get it right a little more consistenlty than they are doing now.

• Like 1

Regalias can be frustrating in my opinion and it due to construction. You can go through boxes of tight draws. If they are right they are excellent but they have to get it right a little more consistenlty than they are doing now.

Irony would have it that I have had the exact opposite experience so far with the PL cab (EMA DEC 08) and the HU box (MOA ABR 10). Go figure... :P

I've had the same experience with the Regalias.

When they draw, and they often don't, they are great, even very young,

though like all Upmanns serious aging is even better.

PLPCs, though they are better constructed,

(and more expensive, being "first tier" while the Regalias are "second tier"),

take several years IMHO to begin to show their stuff.