The perfect humidity

Cooolish

Hia all,

I read a lot about keeping th humidity to 70% and tried to with dry mist and i failed.

It is always maintained at 65% .. I read that some try to maintain humidity at that level..

So what is the best humidity?

Does it make a difference what kind of cigar and what brand?

These are my two questions..

Looking forward for answers.

Regards.

I believe the optimal RH is ~68% for CC.

But there are people who like their cigars a little more dry so they keep it below that,on the the other hand there are those who like their cigars a little more moist so they will keep it at 70%.

Don't go over 70%.

Over-humidify is worst than lower RH.

It all depends on how you like you cigars,but everywhere I read the most preferred RH is ~68% for CC.

It's really personal preference.

I've found that 65% RH results in fewer draw and burn problems and more complex flavors when aging (when combined with vacuum sealing that is).

I hope this helps

~Mark

There really is no perfect relative humidity for storing cuban cigars, as mentioned it's really personal preference. The Habanos insert directs you to store them at 65% to 70% relative humidity for best storage. If you have the patience you should try within that range and see what you like, cigars stored at 65% will smoke and taste different than those stored at 70% RH.

Where I live in the summer humidity can get very high, so I personally store my cuban cigars at 65% which gives room to error high in the summer time and not have it negatively affect the cigars to grow mold or get to wet for smoking.

I would agree with the humidity obsession statement. My humi moves between 60-70 and everything seems fine. I try to keep it on the low end since my temp is around 78-79. Hoping that drops in the winter time.

I would agree with the humidity obsession statement. My humi moves between 60-70 and everything seems fine. I try to keep it on the low end since my temp is around 78-79. Hoping that drops in the winter time.

Even though I said I would stop obsessing but I don't think that I will ever be able to do that.. Specially with all my precious stogies in there.

I will try my best :)

Mine is now 68% at 28 degrees C, while I try to maintain it at 70% I think 68% is good since the temp is higher than 21C (same water content/ air volume)

Mine fluctuate between 63%-70% and everything smoke fine. RH and hydrometer is not a precision thing. There's lots of fluctuation and variables. Cigars are also a fairly durable product (mine are mostly Cuban so they had to be.)

Try not to worry too much about it. When I first started I did. Now I'm a set and forget type of guy. What changed? After a few weeks after initial setup and fretting, the temp and humidity have been rock stable.