Eagles Trace Cab

anacostiakat

I was able to pick up some of this at almost half off today. I was on my way out of the local shop when one of the owners happened in and recommended it.

Deep purple in the glass. Extremely nice berries and some anise flavors maybe.

Very nice. If you can find it, grab it. :drool::2thumbs:

Thanks Kat, I'll keep it in mind, but I must admit that I rarely buy Cal cabs and have been this way for quite some time. I know it's a rash

generalization, but I found that often times, the character gets vinified out of the wine. I think it's why I've been much more into wines from

Italy and France especially, and Spain and elsewhere secondarily after that.

Having said that......... over the past month or so, I've popped two bottles of 1996 Pichon Lalande (the first wine), and while I enjoyed it quite

a bit, I think I may have let expectations get the best of me - very nice, but perhaps not worth the price of admission. I also question whether

or not perhaps I just prefer other grapes over cabernet.

I'm just not sure :2thumbs:

Thanks Kat, I'll keep it in mind, but I must admit that I rarely buy Cal cabs and have been this way for quite some time. I know it's a rash

generalization, but I found that often times, the character gets vinified out of the wine. I think it's why I've been much more into wines from

Italy and France especially, and Spain and elsewhere secondarily after that.

Having said that......... over the past month or so, I've popped two bottles of 1996 Pichon Lalande (the first wine), and while I enjoyed it quite

a bit, I think I may have let expectations get the best of me - very nice, but perhaps not worth the price of admission. I also question whether

or not perhaps I just prefer other grapes over cabernet.

I'm just not sure :lol:

Well, honestly I don't buy many Cali cabs either.Everything else in my order was French, Aussie or Argentine (Malbec) yesterday. Although I do pick from Italy and Spain as well. :D