Partagas Salomones Freestyle review

Cigar Partagas Salomones

Box Code LRE Jun09

Appearance Chocolate colored, colorado claro. Nice sheen throughout. A noticeable vein or two

Construction Slightly soft and spongy

Setting Very humid, overcast day in Ohio about 75 degrees. Very slight breeze. Drinking a Mojito

Pre Draw/light Tight draw due to shaped foot, earthy/peaty taste

1ST Third Initially a tight draw, very woody taste with oak barrel bouquet. Reminds me of an 898v only gelded. The oak nose gives way to green hay. Very medium oaky body. Black/grey ash

1b.jpg2-1.jpg

2nd Third Solid medium body, Oak taste evolves to a straight woodiness. An earthy, mustiness on the nose. The flakey black/grey ash drops at 2.5 inches. At the end of this third the woodiness disappears and a musty peat body dominates.

3-1.jpg

Final Third Wow. Talk about a complex cigar. Black pepper on the nose, sweet spicey taste with very slight hints of roasted coffee bean which morphs into a peat bog body.

Rating and Thoughts I rate this 89 overall. A good cigar that changed throughout the night. 2 hours smoke time. I don't get the feeling these have legs. Smoke them now.

Great review Tim,I've tasted quite a few Partagas Solomones from 08

and I must say that they were excellent, rich earthyness with a true Partagas flavour profi.

Great leather and white pepper notes with fine coffee hints, well balanced .

The 09's may need a bit of a rest before coming in on their own :)

I loved your photos but I saw no MOJITO B)

A small voice told me that you're getting good at it :D

Ciao l'ami