Vigueros.

As the title suggests.

I'm on a bit of a quest to buck the trend for large ring gauge cigars by trying smaller ring gauge.

Currently enjoying punch RS12s,and Dip 4s,having had Partagas shorts,millefleurs,coronas especialTrinidad reyes and fundadores.

So I am contemplating trying some vigueros,any recommendations or ones to avoid in this range?Or just comments?

The #1, #2, PC, and Seoane are getting harder to find. The whole marca is mild to medium bodied. The Seoane being the most flavorsome of the marca. I haven't really been able to nail down the flavor profile yet. These have been described as the poor man's Cohiba. There is a grassy / honey characteristic sometimes, but it not consistent throughout the boxes or the cigar for that matter.

I think it might be time to give these another go around this evening. Thanks for the reminder.

*Had a Vegueros No. 2 some weeks back. Was highly impressed with its habano flavor. It had the aromatic indications of honeyed maple & raisins and was mild & cool to the tongue. I'd get them again! ;)

Thanks for the replies folks,if I can track them down,I'll try some.

At the moment,only number 1s seem to be available.

If I find some,i'll post on here my findings.

Kevin.

You should be able to fine well aged examples ;)

Not a favourite by any means although I have had some tasty Mareva and 2's. Too young and they have an awful asparagas green note I don't enjoy.

You should be able to fine well aged examples :peace:

Not a favourite by any means although I have had some tasty Mareva and 2's. Too young and they have an awful asparagas green note I don't enjoy.

Asparagus in a cigar....that's got to be a healthy option. :D

I myself have never had any of the Vigueros Maz but should you try any, perhaps a few reviews to add to the small amount of reviews on this Vitola. :)

A friend bought a box of the Vegueros Especiales No. 1 for me in Cuba well before the brand was made available in Canada and then elsewhere. It wasn't exactly "special"; rather mild in fact. Only the Seoane and Mareva are still being produced, but they're generally light as well. This isn't a top-notch marca, but better than Cuaba!