LFH: Live from The Humidor: Recommendtions 19/08

I will be doing Live from the humidor this morning and tomorrow morning for two hours picking out and posting some excellent cigars. if anything takes your interest contact Lisa on LiIVE CHAT or E-mail. First in first served B)

HQ Cohiba Siglo IV BUO NOV 09

$339 USD $689 AUD Lisa

When the Siglo IV is on it is one of my favourite cigars. It has greater weight on the palate than most Cohiba and balances the unique spice and sweeter elements well alongside the classic honey/hay/cream. I know there are members who only pick these up at HQ level and these are the only two I have at that standard.

post-4-1282175157.jpg

HQ Cohiba Siglo IV MEL OCT 08

$339 USD $689 AUD Lisa THESE HAVE BEEN SOLD

When the Siglo IV is on it is one of my favourite cigars. It has greater weight on the palate than most Cohiba and balances the unique spice and sweeter elements well alongside the classic honey/hay/cream. I know there are members who only pick these up at HQ level and these are the only two I have at that standard.

post-4-1282175353.jpg

HQ Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure Number 2 POS OCT 08

$216USD $510 AUD Lisa

I can't speak highly enough of these current HDME2. The aroma from the box will tell you immediately you have got something special. The flavour is simply sublime.

post-4-1282175694.jpg

PSPQuai D'Orsay Imperiales LRE MAY 09

$297USD $685 AUD Lisa THESE HAVE BEEN SOLD

If you are going to have a box of Imperiales in your collection then this is the box you want. Magnificent. Releases in 1974 it has a dedicated band of followers. You will need to lay this box down. If you have the patience you will be rewarded.

post-4-1282176116.jpg

HQ H. Upmann Magnum 48 LE 2009 OSB AGO 09

$238USD $569 AUD Lisa THESE HAVE BEEN SOLD

Sme people love the Magnum 48 and some loathe them. I am in the former category but only when they are like this. rich, sweet, meaty. My major complaint about Petit Robusto formats is that they don't deliver deep enough and quick enough in terms of flavour. This is the only cigar which blows that out of the water. I reach for them on a regular basis when i want a quality dark chocolate and tobacco hit.

post-4-1282176933.jpg

HQ H. Upmann Magnum 48 LE 2009 OSB AGO 09

BOX B

$238USD $569 AUD Lisa THESE HAVE BEEN SOLD

Sme people love the Magnum 48 and some loathe them. I am in the former category but only when they are like this. rich, sweet, meaty. My major complaint about Petit Robusto formats is that they don't deliver deep enough and quick enough in terms of flavour. This is the only cigar which blows that out of the water. I reach for them on a regular basis when i want a quality dark chocolate and tobacco hit.

post-4-1282177030.jpg

HQ Montecristo Number 2 LRE NOV 09

$286USD $656 AUD Lisa THESE HAVE BEEN SOLD

Of all Cuban Cigars one of the most variable. Not sure why this box as not selected as PSP. All the hallmarks of a great box of Monte 2.

post-4-1282178210.jpg

HQ Montecristo Number 4 RAS OCT 09

$169 USD $ 395 Lisa

4 boxes only and nigh identical. Enjoying a HQ box from this code/shipment which I set aside. As good as any 4 I have had. There are Monte 4's and then....there are Monte 4's.

Box A

post-4-1282181319.jpg

Box B

post-4-1282181551.jpg

Box C

post-4-1282181389.jpg

Box D

post-4-1282181421.jpg

HQ Montecristo Number 1 TSU ABR 08

$253 USD $ 565 Lisa

I have been looking for great Montecristo number 1 for so long that I had almost given up. The sister box went this morning. Beautiful construction and wrapper. gorgeous aroma at cold. There are plenty of fans of the Number 1 and it is just a shame these type of boxes do not show up more regularly.

post-4-1282182395.jpg

PE Partagas Serie D no 4 MPE NOV 09

$215USD $ 525 Lisa

They are smoking great particularly at this level of quality. smoke now or lay them down. We went through three months at the beginning of the year not being able to find great D4.

post-4-1282183287.jpg

PE Partagas Serie D no 4 OPA AUG 09

$215USD $ 525 Lisa

They are smoking great particularly at this level of quality. smoke now or lay them down. We went through three months at the beginning of the year not being able to find great D4.

post-4-1282183463.jpg

PE Bolivar Corona Gigantes TEB OCT 08

$ 261USD $ 615 Lisa THESE HAVE BEEN SOLD

A great smoking churchill that takes it up to Winston and Esplendido at a fraction of the price. This is a cracker box with the right construction, wrapper and aroma.

post-4-1282184424.jpg

HQ Trinidad Robusto T OUS DIC 09

$ 386 USD $ 750 Lisa THESE HAVE BEEN SOLD

Those in the know proclaim it as being the finest Robusto made today. Complexity personified taking in cream, stonefruits, coffee, white chocolate. This box is top of the pile.

post-4-1282184731.jpg