If you had to drink only one bottle for the rest of your life...

JasonInChiTown

I was looking at my the amount of bottles I have amassed in my home bar, and was thinking to myself [for quite a while, actually] - if I was told I could only pick one bottle for the rest of my life, and could only drink that, what would it be?

Balvenie 12 Year Old Doublewood

I could have chose much more expensive and exclusive brands and liquids, but nothing quite gives me the satisfaction of a dram of Doublewood. I'm never bored of it. A close second was Booker's bourbon.

What about you?

Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 anos. No alcoholic beverage pairs better with cigars than this one...at least IMHO.

For me it would more than likely be wine - which might be harder to decide upon. Most likely, a Rhone or one of my many favorites from Italy.

A nice bottle of Brunello di Montalcino, or perhaps a Super Tuscan? If I had to choose an Italian bottle it would probably be Fuligni BdM...

A nice bottle of Brunello di Montalcino, or perhaps a Super Tuscan? If I had to choose an Italian bottle it would probably be Fuligni BdM...

Though I've not had any of the high end, I'd probably not go Super Tuscan. I definitely enjoy Brunello, and could live with a good Rosso. But if I were sticking

with sangiovese, I might actually go with a Vino Nobile di Montepulciano.

But I really do drink many from many regions and various grapes, so nebbiolo, aglianico, montepulciano - it might be hard for me to choose.

That would be a terrible thing to have happen. But if forced I suppose I would chose Salon; I cannot think of anything that would be worth having over an aged bottle.

it is a fantastic champagne but the prices have gone a bit crazy here, though not much worse than krug.

have visited a couple of times - the first time they gave us an 79 or an 82 which i still have (forget which). other than that, some 96 and i think one or two 97's. the 96's are extraordinary.

the second visit was even better - they set up a tasting of ten vintages. i was in heaven.

Orgullo Pueblo Viejo Anejo Tequila.

post-5835-1282602156.jpg

The FINEST anejo tequila I have ever tasted, at a fraction of the price of Padron or other pretentious name Tequila. It doesn't get any better than this, and I'd happily drink nothing but if it were down to that.

Of course, I am nearly done my only bottle, and have no idea where to get more since they don't sell good tequila in Canada. I really hope I can get to California sometime soon, where I bought my first bottle, to stock up again!

it is a fantastic champagne but the prices have gone a bit crazy here, though not much worse than krug.

have visited a couple of times - the first time they gave us an 79 or an 82 which i still have (forget which). other than that, some 96 and i think one or two 97's. the 96's are extraordinary.

the second visit was even better - they set up a tasting of ten vintages. i was in heaven.

That must have been quite the experience. I would love to visit one of the champagne houses, Salon especially. I think prices for Salon are crazy everywhere, but with champagne as good and low-production as Salon I don't think that is too surprising. I think dealer cost per bottle is 260 USD, so in the States it is quite impossible to get a new bottle under 300 USD, and aged bottles seem to be worth whatever the vendor feels like selling it for. But alas, it is amazing.

I have a bottle of untouched 1976 Royal Brackla Single Malt (61,2%, cask strength) sitting on my shelf which I got from a couple of good friends for my 30th birthday (now figure it out). I had the pleasure of a small glass at a tasting and it absolutely blew my mind. That bottle would give me a long time of drinking pleasure, so I would definitely go for that.

Maker's Mark (bourbon). That is about the highest I've reached up the Shelf. Aside from who-knows-what-kind-of Port that was aged a quarter-century+, which is probably worth more money. But I guess I'm only a 'youngin. :blink:

Bourbon is my drink of choice though, so if I had to die...I'd have a bottle of said Divine 'Nectar in one hand...and a cuban cigar in the other. (The Very-Attractive-And-With-A-Great-Personality Woman would be sitting beside me.)

'Nuff said.

Maker's Mark (bourbon). That is about the highest I've reached up the Shelf. Aside from who-knows-what-kind-of Port that was aged a quarter-century+, which is probably worth more money. But I guess I'm only a 'youngin. :clap:

Bourbon is my drink of choice though, so if I had to die...I'd have a bottle of said Divine 'Nectar in one hand...and a cuban cigar in the other. (The Very-Attractive-And-With-A-Great-Personality Woman would be sitting beside me.)

'Nuff said.

Don't know if you guys can get it down there, but Makers just released their first new product in something like 50 years. Makers 46. Gonna grab a few 5ths this weekend on the way up to the mountains. Don't know how much will make it back....

@ TMS: Nice. Unfortunately I did a quick Google search and things looked pretty grim. Sounds like there is a very limited production of the stuff. They had a good special here on the original the other day for two bottles, which also came with a free Makers flask so win-win. When it comes to cheaper bourbon I just stick to Iron Horse, though. Guess you'll have to ****** up some 46 while you still can. Lucky.

Whiskey i would go with midleton's very rare only had a few times love it, beer i would go with Left Hand milk stout

I too am a Bourbon man. Makers is our (my wife is a bourbon man too...er WOmam..) "everyday" drink. We keep a half gallon on hand at all times, and a bottel of somthing else for when we are in the mood for a change.

I drink Knob when we go out. I think it is a little wooder and not as sweet, but sometimes it is very sweet. Somthing I really like about small batch stuff.

We rotate between between, Bookers, Blantons, Woodford, love em all! I guess that dosn't answer the question though.

I think I would go with the Knob Creek. It is special enough to be a treat, but not so special as to get tired of it too soon.