Padron 1926 serie 2 natural

The padron 1926s that I am referring to are 2009/2010 boxes. Very recent production. Sampled from many boxes.

But hey. Try a couple of singles and let me know what you think. If you like the 45 Hammer release (I do not) then you might be ok.

Nope, haven't tried that yet. I've tried a number of the Padron stuff, and I just seem to like the No. 2 belicoso in the 1926 line.

I might have to try the 45 year version, though, and give it a shot.

But, either way, I may see if I can get my hands on a 2006-2008 box then, before a flavour change.

Bleeding awful Nicaraguan garbage! :covereyes: I'm just too accustomed to the taste of real cigars.

The Padron 1926 line is the only thing I can really enjoy outside of CC's. Most other stuff just indeed smells too much like manure to me.

Pretty surprised this was such a disappointment. Padron's are one of my favorite non cuban brands.

As others have mentioned, I agree the 1926 line are way too spendy for what you get but usually deliver a tasty smoke. Perhaps you just got unlucky and drew a bad apple. Weird though because I think padrons are more consistent in quality that most cuban lines. Not necessarily better, just more consistent. That said, Nicaraguan tobacco has a unique flavor and is not for everyone.

Yeah, these are quite consistent, I've found. And it's funny how they can be pricier than a decent cuban. At the store in Michigan that I get these from, the Serie 1926 No. 2 Belicoso Maduro is $21.95 USD per stick. Very ouch to be a normal, everyday, run-of-the-mill smoke. But, they are an awesome smoke, and the only NC, I believe, that deserves space in a humidor of Cuban lineage otherwise.

And yes, Nicaragua tobacco is definitely unique - potent, flavourful, stiff, produces great ash, etc., etc.

And yes, Nicaragua tobacco is definitely unique - potent, flavourful, stiff, produces great ash, etc., etc.

What also appeals to me about Havanas is the wonderful bouquet (aroma when unlit) that so many of them emanate. I love nosing them! One generally doesn't find Nicaraguans (or other non-Cubans) having such an appealing scent.

What also appeals to me about Havanas is the wonderful bouquet (aroma when unlit) that so many of them emanate. I love nosing them! One generally doesn't find Nicaraguans (or other non-Cubans) having such an appealing scent.

Oh, definitely not. All I really get from the Nic's are chocolate/cocoa aromas, with coffee-related tones also. Powerful aromas, clear cut, but definitely not complex.

I have to say that I have never had a dud Padron. I do tend to prefer the 64's to the 26's though. I had a 45th Family Reserve the other day, and whilst expensive it was an excellent cigar, if you can get your hands on one I would recommend it. I cannot say that I have found much more potent tobacco than Nicaraguan though, the '26's and the Family Reserves do not upset the status quo in this regard.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello there,

Just joined so please be gentle. :P

I have a question, in the Padron 1926 serie what kind of paper is glued inside the box?

Thank you!

Chris

*What kind of paper??? :D Gee, that's different. I've seen them primarily in a few sampler box and the lining was cedar, which all great cigars should be in.