I just had an idea....(yea.....I had an idea...)

BradNC

Sorry but that title is hopefully appreciated by "Dumb and Dumber" fans. Anyway, I was thinking about buying an Aristocrat end table humidor but you folks are scaring the poop out of me with regard to running out of room. I don't see that happening with my cigar habit but then last night had a tobacco related revelation! Maybe I should get the M cabinet model and then later if I run out of room, I can always get another matching M and stack them. I wonder if that would look right as if it was done at once so to speak.

Hmmmm.

Brad

Yep. I'm just thinking the coolded M cabinet with the possibility of stacking a matching unit in the future might be smarter than just doing the end table and then having to get another cabinet later. I think I'd be ok with an end table but I hear your voices in my head! :covermouth:

Yep. I'm just thinking the coolded M cabinet with the possibility of stacking a matching unit in the future might be smarter than just doing the end table and then having to get another cabinet later. I think I'd be ok with an end table but I hear your voices in my head! :covermouth:

I don't think I've ever read of a member here who truly enjoys cigar regretting going for a large cabinet :covereyes:

Brad, sounds like these boys are telling you the same thing I said to you. Go big or go home!! It all depends how involved you are in the hobby. In my opinion...it is a hobby/collection. I enjoy looking through my boxes and singles. Wondering if they'll be ready to smoke so. I love to buy new boxes. Waiting for the postman to deliver the goods to the door.

My cabinet is almost max out. It holds 40-45 boxes. I need more room. So I'd advise you to go as big as you can.

The answer is really quite simple. Think of the most amount of storage you would really think you would need, and then double it. You won't regret it.

I spoke with Bob about it and says it is a fine plan. How much would you say it weighs? How many boxes would you guess yours holds? Hopefully the need to stack won't happen but I just like the ability to make it look like one piece eventually if needed.

Thanks,

Brad

:rolleyes: I'd love to see you try and stack them. I have a cooled M and that is one HEAVY humidor!!

The more I think about it, the less far fetched it sounds. Mr. Staebell would surely have a way to properly do it. In my mind, I could see one

cabinet with a removable top, which would reveal a recess. The second cabinet, a removable bottom revealing what would amount to a large

tenon. When stacked, it would be as a large mortise and tenon joint, making for a seamless combined cabinet.

Yep, or option B two separate, independent cabinets that stack to resemble one large unit.

The more I think about it, the less far fetched it sounds. Mr. Staebell would surely have a way to properly do it. In my mind, I could see one

cabinet with a removable top, which would reveal a recess. The second cabinet, a removable bottom revealing what would amount to a large

tenon. When stacked, it would be as a large mortise and tenon joint, making for a seamless combined cabinet.

Well, I finally did it. After emailing Bob back and forth for about 2 years I ordered the "bottom" piece to this eventual two piece structure. I got the M25 with temp and humidity control. I added a cooling unit (at Bob's suggestion) so it has dual cooling units. I'm excited. My 100 count desktop is overflowing into a rubbermaid container after having to add the cigars that came in from my first PSP box. I figured for me it would be best to start with the humidor rather than a stock of cigars. I will post pictures in a month or so when it comes in. We are doing a custom finish so hopefully that will be interesting. He guesstimated between 4 and 6 weeks for completion since they are slower in the summer.

Thanks for listening to my rambling ideas.

Brad