Monte 2 Strange colour band?

blasio17

Hey Guys, I wanted peoples opinion about the Monte 2 in the picture I attached, I never noticed anything odd until I bought the Monte Grand Edmundo EL 2010 which you can also see. My question is does anyone else have a monte 2 with this colour band? just to note they were both purchased from legit vendors :party:

post-4-1279880234.jpg

I edited your photo from 2.9 M B to 300 KB. Note to all..try to keep the size down for easy loading.

In relation to the bands, I have seen that type of variation. It really stands out when they are next to each other but not so much when they are with their brethren tucked in a box.

Monte's' are made far and wide across many factories. Batches of Monte Bands can differ slightly in shading and of course suppliers can differ particularly in LE's

Hey Guys, I wanted peoples opinion about the Monte 2 in the picture I attached, I never noticed anything odd until I bought the Monte Grand Edmundo EL 2010 which you can also see. My question is does anyone else have a monte 2 with this colour band? just to note they were both purchased from legit vendors :party:

Have a look at the bands here. The band on the #2 appears to be a 2006 or earlier band.

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.asp...and=Montecristo

I got two boxes of MC4. One from 2006 with the lighter shade of brown and one from 2010 with the darker shade on the bands.

Have a look at Trevors magnificent site! :cowpoop:

Thanks guys, I appreciate your knowledge! I bought the monte 2 as a single so was not sure of production date, if its roughly an 06 production and has been sitting in my humi for 7 months, should be a nice aged cigar :cigar:

• 2 weeks later...

Like what Rob said, the bands can vary a bit, due to Monte's being in so many factories.

But, like what Trevor said/linked, they started a changeover of the Monte bands in late 2006/early 2007. It took them a bit to roll everything over - I got to see this when I was there in April 2008. The brighter, crisper band on the Sublime is the newer band.

I have boxes of:

- Sublimes LE, Nov. 2008 "USE" box code: newer bands

- Petit Edmundo, Nov. 2008 "BUE" box code: newer bands

- # 4, Nov. 2007 "BLP" box code: older bands

- miscellaneous Monte # 2's, # 3's, # 5's, all with Fall 2007 box dates: older bands

I think most of the rollover should be done. I haven't seen any #2's or #4's with the newer bands in my b&m store though, but granted, I haven't seen any with box dates younger than spring 2009.

Most of the production right now should have the new bands.

• 1 year later...

My eyes are not what they used to be but the cap doesn't look like it has a triple or even a double cap. That's the 1st thing that caught my eye beyond the band color. The band print looks off center as well.

I guess another pic or 2 could clear that up.

You know this thread is over a year old and the OP hasn't posted here in a very long time right? lol

:lol:

I've been going crazy reading everything here (and working about 1 hour per day) trying to catch up... There's a load of moving parts and discussions going on here - so much that I've earned about 0 since I joined. I forgot to look at the date... Crap!

Thanks for looking out for me Shlomo!

:innocent: