FOH fantasy football

I have set up a league for us on espn.com. I need to send an invitation to each person who is interested. Here's how I propose we go into this: If each interested person will PM me with your email address, I will invite you to the league. You can sign in, look over the rules/scoring, and make sure you want to do it. If there is a consensus that some rules should be changed, I'm OK with changing them.

If you decide you want to play, you'll need to get your $100 USD to the Czar by 1 week prior to the draft. Anyone who doesn't have their money in before then will have their team deleted. One potential problem is that we need to have an even number of teams, so that everyone plays someone each week. So if we do end up with an odd number of teams, the last person to have paid for his team will be deleted, and won't get to draft a team, and will have his $100 waiting for him on his next Czar order. This sucks, but I'm not sure how else to handle it. Better ideas are welcome.

We can have up to 20 people in this league, although if we end up with more than 14, I think we should think about splitting into two leagues. I really don't want to play in a 20-team league. Judging by the response to the last thread, it looks like we will have 14-16 people. 14 would be fine, I think, but if we end up with 16, for example, it might be better to have two leagues of 8, but it's going to have to be a last week decision once we have the final number. Do let me know your preferences with regard to this now though.

The draft will be some time in the first week of September, and we'll work out the time and day with input from everone who will be participating. Maybe Sunday night, Sept. 5?

Here's a summary of the current scoring rules, as it's set now:

Starting roster: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1K, 1 D/ST

Passing:

1 pt/25 pass yds

4 pt/pass TD

-2 pt/interception

2 pt/passing 2-point conversion

Rushing:

1 pt/10 rushing yards

6 pt/rushing TD

2 pt/rushing 2-pt. conversion

Receiving:

1 pt/10 rec. yds

6 pt/rec. TD

2 pt/rec. 2-pt. conversion

Kicking:

1 pt/PAT

3 pt/0-39 yd Field Goal

4 pt/40-49 yd Field Goal

5 pt/50+ yd Field Goal

-1 pt/missed Field Goal

Team Defense/Special Teams:

6 pt/Interception Return TD

6 pt/Fumble Return TD

6 pt/Kickoff Return TD

6 pt/Punt Return TD

6 pt/Blocked Punt or FG return for TD

2 pt/Blocked Punt, PAT or FG

2 pt/Each Interception

2 pt/Each Fumble Recovered

2 pt/Each Safety

10 pt/shutout (0 points allowed)

7 pt/1-6 points allowed

4 pt/7-13 points allowed

1 pt/14-17 points allowed

-1 pt/22-27 points allowed

-4 pt/28-34 points allowed

-7 pt/35-45 points allowed

-10 pt/46+ points allowed

So these are the settings as they are now. We can change these if lots of guys hate this setup. Let me know what you all think, and send me a PM with your email address, so I can invite you to the league. Keep this in mind, though: I'm on my way to Malaysia, and I'll be there for the next 3 weeks. I'll have some internet access, but not all the time, so if it takes me some time to respond to PM's or emails, have patience. We'll get everything squared away before draft time. Take the next week or two to look things over, comment on this thread, and then we'll lock down the scoring system and everyone can pay for their teams.

Also, I think it best to keep discussions of money, cigars as winnings, etc., off of the ESPN.com league page. We can talk about that here. Here's what I think for the payout, but again, this is open to discussion.

70% to the winner

20% to the second place team

10% to the third place team.

a pat on the back to the 4th place team

Very cool and thanks for doing the legwork. Unfortunately I have to opt out. I somehow am currently in 4 leagues which is more then I wanted, but I got suckered into the last two a week ago. I will monitor this league for next year though.

Definitely in.

Not to start a major platform debate, but what is wrong with the Disney site? I usually use Sportsline or Yahoo (depending on sport). Does Espn now have good customization parameters and a good trash talk board? That is all I require.

Unlimited waiver transactions? Good. I hate leagues that charge or limit wire moves.

Definitely in.

Not to start a major platform debate, but what is wrong with the Disney site? I usually use Sportsline or Yahoo (depending on sport). Does Espn now have good customization parameters and a good trash talk board? That is all I require.

Unlimited waiver transactions? Good. I hate leagues that charge or limit wire moves.

Yeah, Unlimited waiver moves. If someone's available, you should be able to have him. We'll have a trade deadline though. Charging for waiver transactions would be a hassle for Rob and Lisa, trying to collect nickel and dime amounts and keeping track of it, so I think best to just open it up.

As for the differences between espn/yahoo/cbs, etc., I don't know about the strengths/weaknesses of each, but after a short examination of each, I felt comfortable with the espn site, so went with it. The scoring/rules are really very customizable.

I'm out. Don't like ESPN or the cigar prizes

I can't imagine anything I'd rather have for prizes than a shopping spree at the Czar. After all, that was the original idea behind a FOH fantasy football league to begin with. But to each his own.

I can't imagine anything I'd rather have for prizes than a shopping spree at the Czar. After all, that was the original idea behind a FOH fantasy football league to begin with. But to each his own.

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Cigars........ :cigar:

Never played on ESPN, have played Yahoo for many years and have been very happy. Let me think about this. Cigars and action or no cigars and no action. With the first pick of the draft the bogies take Chris Johnson. I'm in. BTW I like 60%-30%-10%.

If there are any other people wanting to join us, there is still time to get in, and space for you. Just PM me with your email address, and I'll invite you to the league.

For those who are participating, here is how we will pay for our teams: each of us will contact Rob/Lisa and get them our cc info, and authorize a $100 charge. They will wait to run the cards until the payment deadline, which will be one week before the draft. The reason for this is because if we don't have enough players pay for their teams (I think 6 should be the absolute minimum), then the league is cancelled, and the cards won't be charged. Similarly, if we end up with an odd number of players, the last person to have authorized payment will be dropped from the league, and his card won't be run.

• 3 weeks later...
Is the draft order going to be randomized just before the draft??? I;m in a few leagues but I think I might be in here too.

Yes, ESPN randomly chooses the draft order automatically at the beginning of the draft. I'm not sure how much notice we'll have of the draft order before the clock begins. I'll look into that though.

We'd love to have you if you can take on one more league. Just send me a PM with your email address if you decide you want to join.