England team's 'booze and cigar' bender following ignominious World Cup exit

Love this story :D

...as a rugby coach...if my team were not 16/17 years of age...I would have done the same ;)

http://news.oneindia.in/2010/06/30/england...ignominiou.html

Fascinating, the quote from the fan, who says that the fact they're getting drunk and having a cigar is evidence that the guys weren't upset about the match. When I think back on my most horrible, embarrassing, difficult days, on every occasion drinking excessively and smoking a cigar was, or at least would have been, the perfectly appropriate end to those worst days. English soccer fans have plenty to be upset about with their team, but what they do off the pitch would be very low on the list, I'd think.

I agree. Champagne might be a bad look, but a cigar and a stiff drink or three has gotten me through many of life's minor defeats. You have to clear the mental slate somehow. Cognac and Cohiba are my usual remedy.

Most of those players are on Tottenham (my squad). They are chasing the European Cup next year so they better get over this embarrasing loss fairly quickly!

I'm afraid it's just an example of our scumbag press,having undermined the team at every turn,they now go for moral indignation.

They are truly awfull.

post-6166-1277966443.jpg

Good Story. What did you expect them to hang their heads and contemplate taking their lives? I'm surprised there wasn't a hooker seated on the lap of every last one of them.

oh for the sake of whatever divinity you think might exist, what a crock. if they where bouncing around cheerful and giggling, i'd have been hugely pissed if i was an england fan but if it is the team just having a wind down, who gives a toss. that they are way overpaid has never been in doubt so if that is how they wind down, up to them. they badly nderperformed and i am certain every single one of them knows it. but that does not have to mwan they move to a cave north of kathmandu.

and for our friend worrying about tottenham, if i were you, i'd be on the cigars and drinks now. buckleys.

Like many of you, I don't see the problem here. It's a bunch of mates, having a drink, a smoke and a laugh. What many of us do with friends on a regular basis to unwind and bond. In fact, I think they should have been doing this nightly after dinner. They would of probably played better.

Hunters & Frankau, take note and sponsor the England Team.

and for our friend worrying about tottenham, if i were you, i'd be on the cigars and drinks now. buckleys.

Oh gods, is Ken another brain-dead Gooner? Please. No.

The best part about watching France fall at the Cup was seeing the alternatively blank and pained expressions on all the Goon faces.

White Hart Lane over that Emirates nonsense any day.

Spurs were good once. 1960s. Cough. Ahem. Well maybe next year the Spurs will raise trophies!!

But yes. I have my drinks and cigars ready for the inevitable disappointment!