Suspect RASS

kafreeman

Here are a few reasons why you should not be as worried.

1. Wrong bands used like this happens all the time. Take for example, we've seen here at FOH a box of genuine Monte Sublimes with EL 2007 bands. I've also seen Partagas Serie D Especial's with Serie P bands.

2. RASS is a relatively low-budget cigar. If it were Cohiba or Montecristo, I'd be more worried.

I won't say 100% it's genuine, but most likely they are from the info you've provided.

I have 07 and 08 RASS from a source that could not be more trustworthy :perfect10: Both have the older band. The 07 have been perfect, I only have a couple left. Just broke into the 08 for the first time. Draw a bit too easy for my taste on the first stick, but the flavor and complexity are spot on: full, strong, espresso and chocolate. What is your box code? Most RASS fans have been happy w/ the recent stock (07 forward), but I do recall some not being happy w/ some recent ones...not sure but it may be some of the 09. Too busy to search posts now.

Rick

I have 07 and 08 RASS from a source that could not be more trustworthy :) Both have the older band.

Rick

This is interesting. This may be a case when the newer bands are only used on the Regional Edition Special Releases (they appeared c2006) and the older bands retained for the standard production.

I will check this further and note the website accordingly.

Does anyone have a box of 09's they can advise on?

For what it's worth. I have a box of 08's, from the czar, and they do indeed have the new bands.

Thanks guys.

We have 08's with both old and new bands....so c2008 looks like the correct figure.

• 3 weeks later...

I will state again, that any cigars, even with the '09 production, still have Habana ( ) Habana band on it, with the exception of some regionals.. Will take some photos, as the time permits, but this is really strange...and more, than anything, just interesting and intriguing.

No one in the whole wide web had been known to give any legitimate, bullcrap, or otherwise answer to this enigma.

C'mon, we can solve it, can't we???