Off to Belize

Congratulations to you on your pending nuptuals and of course getting off to Belize. Very nice.

My wife and I honeymooned at a resort called Almond Beach near the city of Dangriga. What an awesome trip! We fished with a local guide which was great but he was more interested in catching enough meat fish to sell at the market than anything else. Definitely bring your own cigars and lots of them. There were some fake Cohiba Robustos at the Duty Free in the Belize City airport but that's all i saw. That was in 2006 though so things may have changed. What part of the country are you staying in? If you are in to that sort of thing, there is an offshore atoll called Glovers Reef where we boated to and snorkelled one day that is the most beautiful place that I have ever seen. I also really enjoyed a day trip we took to the ruins at Xunantunich. It's in the west of the country so you'll have to rent a car or a local tour guide to drive you. The drive up is quite an adventure and there are lots of great local restaurants on the road side to stop and have a Bellikin and cigar.