Cohiba Siglo II

mkz

Lovely spring-day. Changed the tyres on my pickup. Had a beer and sushi with my wife and topped it off with a smoke on the deck.

Cohiba Siglo II (ROS NOV 08).

Perfect construction. Nice sweet barnyard/grass smell. Perfect draw.

Opened up with an explosion of sweet tobacco grassiness. Peppery taste in my mouth. Settles down and for about 5 minutes its kinda dull actually. Then all the flavours came back again: Grass-honey-tobacco and white pepper. Tons of smoke. Lovely!! Towards the final third thick dark bread joins in on the flavours. An annoying tannic youth starts to appear telling me these need perhaps a year och three before reaching their full potential. Burn was razor-straight all the way.

Overall a nice smoke but it need some time to loose the tannic notes. These sticks IMO has great potential for the future! Perhaps 3-5 years? Gonna check back on these and Im already looking forward to it... :thumbsup:

Cheers! Have a nice weekend all!!

post-2756-1270839645.jpg

My initials impressions, based on the IV & V is that 08 is a great year for Siglos. But after tasting a couple, I'm letting them age. They really start to shine after at least 3 years.

I tend to agree Bass, 2-3 years for the 08's is spot on. Enough time to smooth out the edges and crystallize the honey sweetness which is there currently in the fruity note.

Dude - don't take this the wrong way but your pic makes it look like you aren't enjoying the cigar very much!

:rolleyes: None taken!

Had the sun in my eyes and my wife took the opportunity to showe the camera in my face and snap a photo.... :thumbsup:

:rolleyes: None taken!

Had the sun in my eyes and my wife took the opportunity to showe the camera in my face and snap a photo.... :thumbsup:

A man after my own heart. Every time my photo is taken I look either gormless, pissed off or both!

I'm afraid to say that this is the only Cohiba I have not tried - I really should get off my butt and get to one soon. I'll be sure to try and find one with a few years on it.

Thanks for the review, mate.