frequent flyer points insanity

for an irrelevant reason, have been bouncing around the qantas site looking at using frequent flyer points to upgrade to pointy end for various trips coming up. i assume this applies re all oneworld airlines, not just qantas.

among the many oddities i have found myself mired in was this.

from singapore to brisbane, i can upgrade myself from crap class to business for 56,000 points - and there is no guarantee i'll get it (won't know till 5 hours pre departure). however, if i simply want book a confirmed business class seat, depending on availability, on my points - from singapore to brizzy - it will cost me 60,000 points.

does that not seem beyond bizarre (and yes, if the stumbling wombat is involved, i should not be surprised).

for 10,000 points, i can confirm an exit row seat (even though they were free a year or so ago - bastards).

i see the three stooges are all bored and looking for something to do.

first, as i've said many times, it is only a junket if you are not on it.

second, this is work. mostly.

third, i thought it a legitimate item to post.

fourth, these things are usually pointy end to start with but i, for the greater good, have kept stum and will suffer.

4th, smithers, how long have you known me? i would never drink sauvignon blanc, even if the only thing available. actually, i very rarely drink on planes. next to you, i would.

5th, we may have different definitions of 'fully paid'. and i am looking after myself, at my own cost for well over half the trip.

6th, none of the three of you are getting postcards or presents. you may get endless photos and late night reverse calls from the yacht (actually, i believe it is more of a very large boat - has to be to fit the private crew and chef).

finally, i actually think my chances of ever getting there are not good. the instructions i have are go to the marina at d'antibes. this in the middle of a boat show. fortunately, i know the girls won;t let the boat leave without me.

If it's 10,000 for an exit row!

How many frequent flyer points would it cost to not sit next to Ken as he complains all the way about the temperature of his Sav Blanc?

actually, i'm not surprised that you drink savvy, smithers. i'm told it is very popular on oxford street but it is not a good look to leave your little pink umbrella in.

If it's 10,000 for an exit row!

How many frequent flyer points would it cost to not sit next to Ken as he complains all the way about the temperature of his Sav Blanc?

:surprised:

All this huffing and puffing over sav blanc… YET… submitted for your perusal…

Ref: "don’t buy WINE without me 2008", Ken Gargett, text publishing, Melbourne, Australia, copyright 2007:

From page 54:

Giesen Sauvignon Blanc, 2006

“… consequently I am at peace with the world and can find fault in nothing [ed. note: this is a bold face lie. Period.] especially this wine (no matter what might happen in the World Cup), which shows why Marlborough savvy has captured the world’s attention. Absolutely bursting with flavour- pungent gooseberries, lantana and minerally bracing acidity.” Reprinted without the expressed written consent of the publisher.

As well; if you check Ken’s collection you’ll see a couple of bottles of Banrock Station 2009 sav blanc in the bottom right of the photo below.

Cheers

post-66-1270474787.jpg

:)

All this huffing and puffing over sav blanc… YET… submitted for your perusal…

Ref: "don't buy WINE without me 2008", Ken Gargett, text publishing, Melbourne, Australia, copyright 2007:

From page 54:

Giesen Sauvignon Blanc, 2006

"… consequently I am at peace with the world and can find fault in nothing [ed. note: this is a bold face lie. Period.] especially this wine (no matter what might happen in the World Cup), which shows why Marlborough savvy has captured the world's attention. Absolutely bursting with flavour- pungent gooseberries, lantana and minerally bracing acidity." Reprinted without the expressed written consent of the publisher.

As well; if you check Ken's collection you'll see a couple of bottles of Banrock Station 2009 sav blanc in the bottom right of the photo below.

Cheers

post-66-1270474787.jpg

first, the photo shows samples. i cannot be held responsible for what i am sent.

second, the editor made it clear that there had to be some mention of savvy and there were one or two entires 'rewritten' by the editor, as is their prerogative.

i've actually had death threats, well one, after expressing my view on savvy. it is a toxic weed and i can't imagine a single savvy vineyard that would not be better off as a car park.

and finally, i don't mthink they are savvys in the photo - though there would be some there - i think that is the fiano and ?