I assume like most people that I am not adverse to moderate taxation. In most cases you just have to look around to enjoy the benefits of taxation. I seethe at the crap used to justify selective taxation that purposefully targets minorities (such as smokers). How much money could possibly be raised on a cigar tax in comparison to income taxes? It's just pandering at its worst. Reminds of the parking situation in major American cities. Doesn't matter what you do, chances are you are always in violation somehow. The fines have little to do with improving traffic, safety, etc... just a source of much need revenue for the local city government. Yeah this is a rant and I am sure that many will post much better thought out counter arguments. I'm just disgusted.

I assume like most people that I am not adverse to moderate taxation. In most cases you just have to look around to enjoy the benefits of taxation. I seethe at the crap used to justify selective taxation that purposefully targets minorities (such as smokers). How much money could possibly be raised on a cigar tax in comparison to income taxes? It's just pandering at its worst. Reminds of the parking situation in major American cities. Doesn't matter what you do, chances are you are always in violation somehow. The fines have little to do with improving traffic, safety, etc... just a source of much need revenue for the local city government. Yeah this is a rant and I am sure that many will post much better thought out counter arguments. I'm just disgusted.

Well Said.

The key in that rant being moderation. I don't think that the government could define moderate.

Nice video. But you cant really reason with these people. That video might as well have been on opium poppy or coca growing as far as they are concerned.

I'm not sure I understand... reason with the manufacturers or with the government?