Troya Coronas Club (Tubulares)

Kangaroo495

Smoking one for breakfast now. Horrible construction, good burn, light draw. Medium body. Nothing special about the taste. Slightly nutty in the first third. Now getting very savoury. Fairly smooth tobacco taste all the way through the stick. Smoking it with an espresso, which is producing a relatively long and delicious aftertaste.

I think a few of you guys might appreciate this as an outdoor cigar while you're working. Not something that needs to be concentrated on. 30 min smoke. Very cheap!

6/10

Smoking one for breakfast now. Horrible construction, good burn, light draw. Medium body. Nothing special about the taste. Slightly nutty in the first third. Now getting very savoury. Fairly smooth tobacco taste all the way through the stick. Smoking it with an espresso, which is producing a relatively long and delicious aftertaste.

I think a few of you guys might appreciate this as an outdoor cigar while you're working. Not something that needs to be concentrated on. 30 min smoke. Very cheap!

6/10

That would have a few years age on it. I think the brand has been discontinued and I bought some quite a long time ago as cheap and cheerfuls which were ok from memory. Reminds me how far quality has come with CCs!

Hey, Kanga -

Was this an old cigar, in a metal tube, or one of the new ones in plastic?

• 1 month later...
Plastic. Didn't look at the year unfortunately!

Wouldn't have seen it anyway...no date on these boxes......Odd.

• 1 year later...

I remember when I bought a box of these (the machine-made, plastic-tubed variety) that initially they were decent enough, but nothing special. When I tried another one several months later they were significantly better. Construction may not be impressive and the loose draw might put others off...but I enjoyed them all the same. I've only got four or six left out of twenty, so I'll definitely pick up another box. I suppose it's fair to say they are an excellent starting point for beginners that probably wouldn't appreciate complexity anyway. I'm not quite completely there myself, haha.

The only seriously negative aspect to me personally is that they are not easy to come by. Many sites no longer stock them, and the ones that do aren't as competitive. A top cheap-and-cheerful in any case.