Romeo y Julieta Cedros De Luxe No 3

A new member came into the humidor today (Tony) and he was looking for an upgrade from R&J No 2 Tubos. Smithy is out chasing grass skirt and Lise went home for the day so I put together a decent sampler or Robusto and a couple of RJ CD3. I haven't had one for about 6 months but they looked great and I took one upstairs to to the deck which I am just finishing now.

In Summary, what a cracker little cigar. Medium, cedar and lashings of sweet chocolate. It reminded me of why I liked these cigars so much in the late 90's early 200's before poor construction crueled them.

Who has smoked one of these lately?

I've smoked the Cedros De Luxe No. 2 and 3 and enjoyed both of them immensely. They were purchased from Czar. Truly a great little cigar. Very smooth.

Cedros #3 is one of my favorites. I switched from #1s years ago over draw issues but haven't ever had problems with the #3s. I think they're the best of the series and the only R&J that I really go for. The latest I have are Aug and Nov 06s (still with the old band around the cedar) and they are great. They don't get a lot of love from guys, which I think makes sense since the flavor profile is sort of unusual, but if you like them they're one of the top marevas.

Very underrated cigar to be honest. Have only had a single gifted to me by a mate probably twelve months ago but remember it being subtle spice with touches of mocha which was very pleasant.

Not tried any yet. Would you say they had typical RyJ flavour?

I am not a huge R&J fan but find these to be rich, sweet, woody. I am not a fan of the cedros Deluxe no 1, the No 2 is not in the same league as the No 3.

Revisited another this morning. Excellent.

I am not a huge R&J fan but find these to be rich, sweet, woody. I am not a fan of the cedros Deluxe no 1, the No 2 is not in the same league as the No 3.

Revisited another this morning. Excellent.

The first ever box of cigars I bought while in Cuba. Never regretted it, very under-rated cigars. Great especially with a bit of age on them.

Not a big fan of the 1's or 2's either: The 1's are just bland to my mind.