“Montecristo #2”

There is something about this cigar from 10/2009. It is one of the most famous cuban cigars and the amount of these coming out of Cuba each year is just amazing. I have been through allot of these, each time finding myself in a conflict with taste and fame. Yes, it is a very good cigar, but I must admit that there are other, really good cigars out there, both in taste and price.

There is caramel on the draw, oak on the tongue, licorice/toast in the aftertaste and cedar in the scent. An overall bitter and salty smoke. Just lovely. I don't smoke these very often because the taste is not one of my favorites. But once in a while you just got the urge for one of these and it is just heaven. Compared to the Partagas Series P #2, this cigar is a bit more dry, where the Partagas is a mixture of soft and spicy notes. I always compare the Montecristo brand to the Trinidad, because they are similar in taste but worlds apart in price... and with a good reason. I rate it 92.

IMG_0288.jpg

There is something about this cigar from 10/2009. It is one of the most famous cuban cigars and the amount of these coming out of Cuba each year is just amazing. I have been through allot of these, each time finding myself in a conflict with taste and fame. Yes, it is a very good cigar, but I must admit that there are other, really good cigars out there, both in taste and price.

There is caramel on the draw, oak on the tongue, licorice/toast in the aftertaste and cedar in the scent. An overall bitter and salty smoke. Just lovely. I don't smoke these very often because the taste is not one of my favorites. But once in a while you just got the urge for one of these and it is just heaven. Compared to the Partagas Series P #2, this cigar is a bit more dry, where the Partagas is a mixture of soft and spicy notes. I always compare the Montecristo brand to the Trinidad, because they are similar in taste but worlds apart in price... and with a good reason. I rate it 92.

IMG_0288.jpg

Nice review, boy that band is so dark.

Thanks for the review. I've only tried a couple, and they haven't really done anything for me. I've got an 08 box thats resting, but after reading this review, I think Im ready to try one out again.

Thanks for the review...love the picture. While I am a big fan of the Monte 2...I've noticed that for this vitola I have been reaching for the Diplo 2 more often than not. Maybe my flavor preferences are changing/evolving, or it could be that I find the Diplos more consistent. Regardless...when the Monte 2 is on, it is stellar.