Differing Grades of Quality Habanos Cigars Shipped in the World

Because he doesn't handle the seventeen lower grades...

Now that's funny right there. :thumbsup:

I guess from the statements by some members that Rob has never even seen the top tier of grades. I mean why the hell should some bloke from down under get the good ****?

I could pissibly see the occasion that some specieal cigars are rolled and sold or given but I doubt, given the consistancy of the cigars from Cuba, that the Cubans could make twenty grades of cigars.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the answer is right in front of you when you look at the various offerings from Rob's stock. PSP, HQ, PE, Standard - I'm sure a similar range of quality is sent to other countries.

I used to source all my Havanas from two shops in London (in person and by mail) and one in France. Now I'm 90% Czar. The quality has been, for me, the same across these various sources. The only d

Rob, maybe you should rename the PSP, HQ and PE sections as world regions... "Swiss Quality Selections" "Canadian Selects" "Stuff we give Ken"

Is tobacco graded? : Yes.

Are cigars graded for export?: Yes...sort of. They need to meet export standard.

Where do Contra Cigars go (outside of HSA)?: To those that exchange goods and services. Predominantly Russia, China, Central & latin America.

Are these inferior?: Yes. There are no quality checks as they are outside of the HSA loop: ie Govt agency to govt agency.

Are Cuban cigars out of Havana Divans of a lesser quality: On average I believe so. I see my stock come in and I check the stock in the Havana Divans. They are missing the top echelon.

Is there a systematic grading of export cigars for differing distributors. No.

HSA is incapable of pulling the logistics off, including the logistic of utmost secrecy.

This ruse has been around for as long as the one of the Cubans importing Nic tobacco. The day someone shows me a shipping manifest of Nic Tobacco into Cuba I will begin to prick my ear but not before. Similarly, someone produce a document of differing shipping grades to distributors and I will reassess my beliefs. I haven't ever seen one nor know anyone in HSA who has.

Is tobacco graded? : Yes.

Are cigars graded for export?: Yes...sort of. They need to meet export standard.

Where do Contra Cigars go (outside of HSA)?: To those that exchange goods and services. Predominantly Russia, China, Central & latin America.

Are these inferior?: Yes. There are no quality checks as they are outside of the HSA loop: ie Govt agency to govt agency.

Thanks for reply Presidente ! I'm not familiar with the "contra cigars " Do you know wether those cigars might end up in the market with Habanos SA logo on it ?

. . . This ruse has been around for as long as the one of the Cubans importing Nic tobacco. The day someone shows me a shipping manifest of Nic Tobacco into Cuba I will begin to prick my ear but not before. Similarly, someone produce a document of differing shipping grades to distributors and I will reassess my beliefs. I haven't ever seen one nor know anyone in HSA who has.

Thanks for a clear, concise response, Rob.

Of course, you will never see a shipping manifest or any document about this because, according to those who possess the secret knowledge, it's all done with a wink or a tap or a handshake or something.

The best proof of a conspiracy is that there is no evidence of one.

If anyone is really that concerned about this, you can just order a box from the various countries and do a comparison yourself. I can tell you from firsthand experience that stock from the Czar is on par if not better from any other vendor that I've used in the past. I've ordered from Hong Kong, Switzerland, UK, Spain, Germany, Cyprus, and the Netherlands. In addition, I've purchased from shops in Sweden, Denmark, Greece, Italy, and Indonesia. From all this, I've found that the most important part of the equation is the vendor. If the vendor cares, you're going to get top notch quality. This is where the Czar shines through. The best quality products I've received have been from the Czar. It really all comes down to one thing...use a vendor you can trust.

If anyone is really that concerned about this, you can just order a box from the various countries and do a comparison yourself. I can tell you from firsthand experience that stock from the Czar is on par if not better from any other vendor that I've used in the past. I've ordered from Hong Kong, Switzerland, UK, Spain, Germany, Cyprus, and the Netherlands. In addition, I've purchased from shops in Sweden, Denmark, Greece, Italy, and Indonesia. From all this, I've found that the most important part of the equation is the vendor. If the vendor cares, you're going to get top notch quality. This is where the Czar shines through. The best quality products I've received have been from the Czar. It really all comes down to one thing...use a vendor you can trust.

Ditto