Piggy, Bart et all - question - seal PVC pipe opening

daboose

If and when I do, I want to place a 1/2" PVC pipe through the side of an EdgeStar to act as a utility conduit (a pass through for wiring and temp controller)

What type of drill bit should I use? I plan to use a hole saw bit; starting from the inside.

Any suggestions how to seal the opening once the wiring, etc is ran through the PVC? especially if I want to reopen it to add or subtract wiring etc? I have odor-free sealant but don't care to have to deal with pulling the stuff off.

(I like Piggy's idea of connecting fans to the internal electrics of cooler...great idea.)

Thanks

Plummers dope :daydream:

If and when I do, I want to place a 1/2" PVC pipe through the side of an EdgeStar to act as a utility conduit (a pass through for wiring and temp controller)

What type of drill bit should I use? I plan to use a hole saw bit; starting from the inside.

Any suggestions how to seal the opening once the wiring, etc is ran through the PVC? especially if I want to reopen it to add or subtract wiring etc? I have odor-free sealant but don't care to have to deal with pulling the stuff off.

(I like Piggy's idea of connecting fans to the internal electrics of cooler...great idea.)

Thanks

I have a 2" conduit I use as a vent on my latest project. I will have to snap you a pic. I used a standard hole saw and used the same hole saw to cut a flat piece of PVC sheet, available at a sign maker or plastics supplier, bonded to the pipe with standard pipe glue and used as a flange to mount the conduit. A picture will serve you better here and I will post one. I use a 1/2 EMT conduit to bring in wires. A simple polyester packing (pillow filling) will be used to fill the remaining room and I use a polyurethane caulking to seal the EMT and keep it in place.

Picture forthcoming. - Piggy