Russell Reserve Rye

anacostiakat

I was looking for something different and picked up a jug at the local beverage store. Just got around to sampling last evening with a Mag 50.

The two paired up very well. The rye was flavorful if on the lite site to me.

Cinnamon with vanila and somewhat oaky to me.

I prefer more body but it was enjoyable enough.

Weighing in at 90 proof for about twenty five bucks USD.

This past year I've nabbled in some Rye. Wild Turkey Rye 101 is good and cuts well with water since it's 101 Proof, Ri Rye is excellent but over priced. Has anyone tried and would recommend Sazerac, Old Overhot, or Jim Beam Rye?

On the topic of alternatives there is also Wheat Whiskey by Bernheim which is excellent

This past year I've nabbled in some Rye. Wild Turkey Rye 101 is good and cuts well with water since it's 101 Proof, Ri Rye is excellent but over priced. Has anyone tried and would recommend Sazerac, Old Overhot, or Jim Beam Rye?

On the topic of alternatives there is also Wheat Whiskey by Bernheim which is excellent

Old Overcoat is not bad. Sort of on the level of the Russell Reserve. Sazerac is very good. Rittenhouse is excellent as is the Thomas Handy (I think). I have not had any of them in ages, That is why I picked up the above bottle to taste.