How did you get into C&C's

ksblazer

I mentioned to a dive buddy in the 90's that I had enjoyed a Cuban cigar after my first dive trip to Cozumel Mexico. He was working for a beer company that just bought a brewery in Cuba and volunteered to bring me back a box each of the three trips he did during the year`. Other friends going to Cuba also seemed to volunteer without me asking.

From there duty free cigars while travelling were mostly Cuban or that is what I focused on.

The past year and a half my interest has increased to cover a wider spectrum of both CC and NC's.

Ironically I have been to Cuba twice, each time for 3 weeks and while I smoked cigars I did not enjoy the full Cuban cigar experience.

• 2 months later...

I have only been smoking a few years now and find I enjoy a decent sized cigar. I don't mind the 1 to 2 hour marathons. But I live in Canada so that's why I like the C&C's for the winter months. I don't feel bad turfing them and running back in the house because my fingers have lost feeling and the ability to bend. I generally stock up on ( shhh my secret shame) a bundle or two of Quorums an NC brand that's like $25 bucks a bundle. Not a bad stick though. I like them. But this year I have gravitated towards smoking a pipe. So far so good nice 20 to 30 minute burns and the bowl keeps my hands warm. It's all win win from here!

Did I mention it was pretty damn cheap too!

• Like 1

I don't have a great sense of taste...none of that granite, anise, nutmeg here....so it is hard to justify spending over $10 a stick when I won't get more pleasure than 2 $5 sticks.

And I smoke 7-10 a week so the budget comes into play....

But most of all I am lucky that I like smaller sticks so they naturally are the cheaper ones most of the time.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...