July 05 Siglo III

Anyone have a box with the same code? I have attempted to smoke probably 10 over the last 3 years and all but maybe 1 were smokable. All packed so tight I had to ditch them. I have also gone through the rest of the box and only think maybe 2 will be worth smoking.

-Patrick

Anyone have a box with the same code? I have attempted to smoke probably 10 over the last 3 years and all but maybe 1 were smokable. All packed so tight I had to ditch them. I have also gone through the rest of the box and only think maybe 2 will be worth smoking.

-Patrick

Patrick, it is not the code. I have said it before but picture a Bell Curve for production of Sig III. Quality increases left to right. All same code. The box you have is bottom left on the curve. There will be a % of people with great boxes same code (bottom right of the curve) with the majority average to good boxes (middle of curve). From the better factories who are under better managers/blenders the Bell curve skews to the right (quality). At the poorer factories (Partagas) it skews to the left.

Thats a real shame... I absolutely adore the III's when they are on. I smoked a lot of young 05's and don't recall having a single dud.

This might seem like a strange suggestion, but try dry boxing a couple for 6+ weeks and see if it loosens them up. There is a big difference between tight and plugged/un-smokeable IMO.

wow, sorry to hear Patrick. These really are great cigars and I havent had any construction issues with Cohibas.

Ouch...that is painful...pretty much a whole box of unsmokeable cigars. I've never encountered such a thing, so I can only imagine the agony. Especially since you have been waiting 5 years...

I guess I have been lucky, but i have yet to have a plugged cigar(I'm talking cubans here)

Only time i ever had an issue was a windtunnel Hoyo Petite Robusto. Thats it.

And I smoke 2-3 per day.

Granted, most of my boxes are 06 or later, so that may be a factor.

As of right now I will just consider myself blessed and march on.

...must be a depressing feeling to throw a stick away.

This might seem like a strange suggestion, but try dry boxing a couple for 6+ weeks and see if it loosens them up. There is a big difference between tight and plugged/un-smokeable IMO.

6+ weeks? I thought that you dry box for a few days prior to smoking. 6 weeks seems like a long time.

The Sig V have been most problematic for me, of the series. I will ditch after two puffs if is not smoking well. I bet I have thrown away three boxes worth over the last six years.

6+ weeks? I thought that you dry box for a few days prior to smoking. 6 weeks seems like a long time.

Yeah it is a long time :drool:

A few times I have had the same issue as you, but not lit up after getting an overtight draw after cutting. Whacked them in an old Monte box, forgot about them and then upon finding them lit one up (sancho molinos) and enjoyed a wondrous smoke. The other three I forgot about had the same result. Its weird, but has worked every time since.

Definitely try it with the tight ones and i'll be surprised if they aren't smokeable.